what we can do

How can this place be improved?

Moderator: TMAX

splummer

what we can do

Post by splummer »

any ideas on getting this site a little more active, :)
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Re: what we can do

Post by stuartcnz »

The most effective way of making the site more active is by using it more. The next step would be to try to let more like minded people know about the site, but that is only effective if current members are more active in using the site.

At the moment I'm not really in a position to do much of either, due to my other life commitments (working even crazier shift work hours than normal at the moment.), but I can keep the technical side of the site up to date. At this stage the rest is up to people who want to use the site.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I enjoy this a lot and visit every chance I get. There is an ebb and flow where I go for days or weeks without visiting, then come here 3 times a day. Tough to predict.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I haven't had a lot to say the last couple of years - little progress on the projects I am most interested in. But I come around here fairly regularly and notice something before logging on at the bottom that seems odd. Usually, there are anywhere from 15 to 25 unregistered users shown as 'visitors' to the site. Sometimes 1 or 2 registered users, but usually just me and Bing(BOT) showing up.

The question I have is, who are all these users?? Seems odd there would be a couple dozen people looking at the place and none would go ahead and sign up and say something. So, I guess I am asking whether these are "real" surfers checking the place out, or just interwebz "ghosts"....?

Just curious.