A Gallery and Links!

How can this place be improved?

Moderator: TMAX

captainkf

A Gallery and Links!

Post by captainkf »

I would love to see a gallery to view other forum user's work! Plus a links section or sticky that looks at house trucks and other great conversion/creation sites. Just a thought.

-Richard
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

A gallery would be a good idea, but unfortunately, uploading from a user's computer has been turned off at the server level by the System Administrator where my web site is hosted, for security reasons. In fact, I can only transfer file myself through a secure connection that is on the inside of the corporate firewall through a VPN connection, it's that tight. This makes this and the suggestion by "beeman" in a thread previously, unworkable.

I would be willing to add a "projects" forum where folks could post images that are hosted on other servers such as Imagestation (free and easy). I kind of thought that these type of posts could just be put in the Bus Barn section along with the others, but if separating them out helps, that could be done.

Seems like I had a "Links" section, but took it down when no outside links were posted. It could come back...
captainkf

re: links and gallery

Post by captainkf »

The gallery situation is sad but understandable. The idea of linking to personal sites with photo's sounds like a good comprimise.

As far a links are concerned, I would love to see somthing "brought back" about other sites, resources and such.

So far I dig your forum sharkey. Thanks for the effort that goes into it.

-Richard
beeman

Post by beeman »

hmmm... if the section was there than the possibility of posting pics from another site would be fesible. I'm not into building motorhome/buses but I'd gladley add my soup'ed up argo for others to look at (hosted off my home machine).

-Beeman