Feel Like Chatting?

Report anomolous behavior on the forum here.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

While it may be possible that I am running out of things to add to the Chat, I have found area of the forum that can be improved in support of the Chat.

To wit: I have recently enabled Private Messages which allows users to contact each other through the forum software. Since PM's require you to click a link in the user's profile or in a post that they have made, I've made it easier to find and use that information by enabling "Usergroups" in the forum.

A Usergroup for Chat users will now contain links to each user's Profile and display their location, email address (if they have set their profiles to allow it's display) and a link to send them a PM. A link to the Usergroup appears in the left hand menu of every forum page when you are logged in, and in the left hand pane of the Chat and Chat Archive windows.

The point of the Usergroup is to gather the contact and profile information active users of the Chat in one place, making it easier to see where they are from and to facilitate reading their profile information and contacting them via email or PM.

I have endowed Rudy with the Moderator's duties for the new Userguide. It doesn't really require a lot of moderation as such, but if a user requests to be added to the group, that has to be approved by someone, and I really don't need any more things to keep track of and watch.

Note that inclusion in the Usergroup does not bestow any special privileges, allow access to "hidden" features, or enable you to walk through walls. It simply means that your profile information is easier to access by other users. The Usergroup information is only accessible by logged-in forum users, so this will not expose you to any spam or other unwanted attention.

If you wish to be included in the Usergroup listing and haven't been added by the Moderator, you can apply for inclusion by clicking "Join Group" in the Usergroup page. You name will be added to the "Pending" list and the Moderator will be sent an email alerting him to approve your request.

If, for some reason, you do not wish to be included in the Usergroup, simply visit the Usergroup page and click the "Unsubscribe" button to be removed. You might also send Rudy a PM telling hi you have chosen to not have your profile information displayed in the Usergroup so he will know to not add it back in.

Here's a link to the Usergroup: http://www.mrsharkey.com/forum/groupcp.php?g=473

I think that's everything...