Daylight Savings/Standard Time

Report anomolous behavior on the forum here.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

Daylight Savings/Standard Time

Post by Sharkey »

Those of us in the US have just experienced the shift from Standard to Daylight time. While I personally think it's another sign of national insanity to so abruptly screw around with the time standards of an entire nation, that's how it's done around here. I'd implement something less jolting, like adding 120 seconds to each day for an entire month, but that's just me.

Anyhow, the point of this pointlessness is to tell you that the Forum software doesn't adjust for Daylight Time, so if you want the times displayed on your monitor to be correct, both on the forum and in the Chat, you'll need to go edit the "Time Zone" portion of your profile to reflect your "current time".

This won't affect International users who haven't made the shift over to "Daylight" or "Summer" Time, or users in the Southern Hemisphere who will be returning from advanced time modes back to standard times. Just you wait, you'll get yours!
lev

time zones in oregon

Post by lev »

Hi, just curious, but isn't there three time zones in Oregon when the we all shift to daylight saving time? I remember reading the book " Sometimes a great notion", I thought it was discussed in that book.?
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Time flies like the wind, and once again it's time for the anti-daylight reversal of Standard Time.

To wit: I'll be adjusting the forum software this Sunday morning to get its clock set correctly, but it's up to each user to adjust their time settings in their profile to display the local time correctly. All of this is moot if you are one of those who didn't tinker with the settings back in March, you folks will already be in time sync.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Users who want their forum clock to be set properly will want to log in and change the setting of their time zone back one hour. For instance I had to change from -8 hours GMT to -7 hours in order for PDT to read correctly.

Does anyone else get an error message instead of returning to the forum when submitting changes to their profile?
Headache

Post by Headache »

Sharkey wrote:Does anyone else get an error message instead of returning to the forum when submitting changes to their profile?
I'm good, no error cropped up when it redirected back to the page I had been on.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Returned me just fine :thumbup:
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

I was too lazy to do it last time. So now I'm back on time.
yugogypsy

Daylight Savings Time

Post by yugogypsy »

Yep, I'm good, changed mine no problem

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I don't know what time it is anyway, so I guess I won't notice the difference.