How to direct someone to their own thread ...

Report anomolous behavior on the forum here.

Moderator: TMAX

GoodClue

How to direct someone to their own thread ...

Post by GoodClue »

Hello Sharkey ...
My 46 Chevy topic seems to have been hijacked by Peter Frost ...
I just replied to his last post, asking that he start a new thread for his topics.
Is there a way to start one for him and shift his pics, etc to it?

I'd appreciate the help and guidance ...
GoodClue ...
"ya gotta have art ..."
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Doug. That's funny. Hijacked may be the word. I have been meaning to say something about the oversized pics that some people post. How many times do I have to do that though? By the way, you have the coolest looking bus on the site. (Just my opinion)
Got love? Give love.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Crap, here we go again.

Hopefully, Peter has edited his posts in your topic thread so that he can repost them in a new topic so we can all enjoy them again.

Last time a user got disgruntled and deleted his posts, I was left with a lot of cleanup to do so that the affected topics didn't read like a novel with pages torn out. That user left with a bad feeling and won't be back, which I'm none too happy about, as I felt hs had a lot to contribute. Peter, if you're reading this, please stick around, start a new topic and repost your photos and stories.

People, topic drift is a fact of life on any forum unless the moderators and administrations are absolute Nazis about off-topic or thread hijack. I don't want this place to become like that. Many of my topic threads have become "polluted" by off topic posts, it's just part of the territory. This isn't a user-exclusive blog where users can publish "articles". Maybe that's a feature I could add in the future, a place where users could create topics or pages dedicated to their bus/vehicle/idea/etc, and the other users would be restricted to simple comments. I don't know, I'll look into it.

Doug, since Peter has edited out his text and photos, I can only delete the now non-sensical posts out of your thread. There really isn't any method to move individual posts to new topics, so that wouldn't have worked anyway.