Calendar Modification Installed

Report anomolous behavior on the forum here.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

After more coding, I've installed the "Mini-Cal", which is a small version of the calendar that resides in the left hand menu for loggged-in users. It still has some tweaks and improvements to be completed, but I'm so-so happy with it's functionality. Please ignore any strange functions on the minical while I'm perfecting it. There may be one of more "test events" on the calendar while I'm testing code.

There is also something called the "Birthday" modification. Personally, I'm not very interested in this, as I consider "birthdays" to be another example of commercialized "holidays", but some here might find the prospect of having their birthday announced on the calendar. Give me some feedback and to whether or not I should pursue installing this modification..

[edit] Oh, great, after posting this, I noticed that the "Topic review" at the bottom of the "Post a reply" page is now broken. Drat, I guess I have some debugging to do... [/edit]

[edit 2] OK, fixed that, anybody see anything else that's not right? [/edit]
yugogypsy

Calendar Modification

Post by yugogypsy »

First time I tried to see this report I got "the page you are looking for does not exist"

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Lois, there was a pair of right/left arrow click-buttons at the top of the mini-cal that were supposed to take you to the same page as you were on with the last/next month's calendar showing. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to make that work, as those buttons were supposed to be displayed on a static page rather than "any" page. I've removed them until I get that part working.

A note to all:

Clicking the month/year text at the top of the mini-calendar takes you to that month's full calendar with all the events displayed, colored day tags, etc.
Wallfly

Post by Wallfly »

Useful, especially for those like me with dodgy memories.

Stop by on your way home. The sausage-making's done and there may even be some scotch left.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Dave, I think you'd better, uh, check your calendar. The previous post about being at the beach was back on Feb 10th. I'm home enjoying the same weather as you now.
Wallfly

Post by Wallfly »

Duh! Sorry about that. Seems to happen a lot lately.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Sharkey...love the new mini calendar!
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Headache

Post by Headache »

For me the mini cal and upcoming events overlaps onto the poster information box.

I'm using Firefox with a 1280 x 960 widescreen resolution if that makes a difference.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Well, I just looked at it in Firefox 3.6.3 at 1024 x 768 and it looks fine. I'd try 1280 x 960, but i already know that makes my computer lock up. What version FF are you running?
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I'm testing it right now in Foxfire at my highest settings...1920x1200 and it's working and looks great. I've tried it on every setting...looks good to me.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Headache

Post by Headache »

I'm using the latest version that updated this morning but it overlapped before the update as well.

Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Yeah, that's ugly alright. Looks liek FF is ignoring the text size in the tables the day numbers are nested in. Ick, I'll have to do some checking. It would be much easier to fix if my browser did it too.