Just a Note: My E-Mail is NOT down

Report anomolous behavior on the forum here.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

Just a Note: My E-Mail is NOT down

Post by Sharkey »

Looks like the server of my "normal" email account is not accepting log-ins, and messages directed to the server's admin are bouncing. Last time this happened it took months for me to get the service restored. I'm not going to wait that long this time.

If anyone needs to contact me, use the "email" Image feature on the forum, which will provide an operable email address, or use the "E-Mail Sharkey" link on any of the menus at the left, this sends a message via the web server.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

That's the end of that particular problem, probably forever!

After thinking about it for a while I decided that I was fed up with not having control over my mail services, so I signed up for a POP3 account with the company that manages the name server for the mrsharkey.com domain. The service cost $13 to implement until July of 2010, and now I can add/remove/edit my own mail accounts, and there's also a webmail interface so I can go in and delete huge messages with loads of attachments that regularly clog up my inbox and tie up the modem for (literally) hours when unaware broadband users forward cute joke messages with tons of embedded images.

Best of all, I was able to pay for it using some of the leftover PayPal dollars donated through the Tip Jar "Save the Shark" fund. Thanks folks.

So, back to "Business as Usual" (which implies "normalcy", which doesn't exist in my life, or anyone else's as far as I can tell).