And.... We're Back Again

Report anomolous behavior on the forum here.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

And.... We're Back Again

Post by Sharkey »

No need to point out the obvious, the server was down for a day and a half due to some misunderstandings between the hosting company and the IP provider. Short version of the story is that the IP provider pulled the plug on them, killing every web site and service that they had. Took a while to get it all back up and running, but the good news is that nothing was lost.

I had some stressful thoughts about having to find a new host and transfer all of the files onto a new server, configure it all, etc., not what I wanted to do with the next week of my life.

The lesson is learned, though, more frequent backups (the most recent was about a month old) and better documenation of the files necessary to get the site flying with the least amount of brain damage possible.

This might also be a good time to remind everyone who missed me (us, the site, whatever) to think about making a small donation through the Tip Jar, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to put together a mirror server somewhere so that when things fail, I can swap the domain to point to the intact files elsewhere...
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Check yer chum bucket, wish it could be more... :(
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation