Food and hard times

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Food and hard times

Post by ezrablu »

ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Great info, Ezra!

Sadly, I fear if one is not already at least 50% to 75% "self-sustaining", one has much to do in very little time.

In the final analysis, those who are currently self-sustaining will still succumb to the same global geophysical/genetic-modifications and populace-reducing/enslavement tactics of the elite, they'll just hold out a little longer. A true test is coming soon.

I could go on, but I'll spare you all (for now), heh! I'll simply say this: I will continue to enjoy the technology/conveniences currently at my disposal but, I thank God I'm not dependent upon them (...ditto Proverbs 22:3 KJV).
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
yugogypsy

Food and hard times

Post by yugogypsy »

Lots of garden here, so I'm not too worried.

Lots of volunteer plants from last year already and we're going to transplant more strawberries this weekend if we don't clean the tool shed (depends on weather :lol: )

Rick is also very knowledgeable about wild foods, but not fungi, so we'll get by.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Jones'n4chrome

Re: Food and hard times

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

yugogypsy wrote:Lots of garden here, so I'm not too worried.

I know we are not aloud to talk about the boogie man (guns or ammo) but if there is a food shortage and you are the only one in the neighborhood with a garden, you now have more to worry about.

Preaching love and peace will not be sufficient to defend yourself.

Good link Ezra, thanks.
yugogypsy

Food and hard times

Post by yugogypsy »

Not if I got a fence, motion detector lights and an electric wire on my fence I don't! :D

I shall be taking ALL necessary precautions to protect my food.

During the early 80's when my Dad had a garden, we went out for a day and came home and found the middle 2/3rds of a row of beans gone, I've had eggs and even a chicken pinched from my chicken coop. :lol:

Things get tough-the tough get going. Time to invest in a bunch of new locks!

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

@Griff...you're a very wise man...it's no doubt you are and will be an asset to the people in your life. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this subject. Lately I've been feeling more of a sense urgency and I've kicked myself into high gear on my "To Do" list. I'm also feeling angry and disgusted at myself for not being more self motivated especially this past year allowing so many distractions to get in the way of my preparedness goals, both physically and spiritually.

@Chuck...
Preaching love and peace will not be sufficient to defend yourself.
Man, much wisdom of bitter truth! Thanks :thumbup:

@Lois...Like Chuck said...you're gonna need something to protect your big garden from more than just them waskilly wabbits :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Food and hard times

Post by yugogypsy »

I posted this once and it disappeared :shock:

I have a 7ft garden fence that I'll top with a "hot" wire to keep people from getting in , lock up the chickens, the hay shed, my big travel trailer and my camper.

Nothing in Pit Stop to lock up yet,,and I won't have any food in there until I start using it as my craft room.

Come fall we'll have to put doors on the woodshed, to keep out firewood thieves.

AND last but not least, I have to take my van to the locksmith and have ALL the darned locks fixed as I don't have a door key for it, only the ignition key :roll:

@ Ezrablu--why don't you use the running bus while you fix Bluebird of Happiness? That would enable you to take a holiday if you want one.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Back when I worked at the pawn shop, I knew a wide assortment of people, many very radical, both right and left. One of the common threads that I heard from both sides was that when the "revolution" came, all one needed was a gun and the address of a Mormon (known for their preparedness, even then).

When we get the plot we are looking for, one of the first things I am going to plant is a "fence". I would like to have some of that hedge they had in France during WWII as field separator. Even tanks had a tough time with that!! As alternative, we have a large rose called Seven Sisters that I am propagating and will be using it for a border around the entire place. Our parent plant covers an area about 4 feet deep by 6 feet wide. Very large thorns. And pretty!! I am planning on a few thousand to start with. Also, makes a great wildlife habitat. Even if it will take up a swath 4 to 6 feet wide, the circumference of the land.

Kind of bulky, but the kind of people it won't keep out are the ones you better be leaving for anyway. (Bulldozers, heavy equipment - and if they got that, they got big guns and I want to be elsewhere.)
yugogypsy

Food and hard times

Post by yugogypsy »

I'm planting an edible hedge INSIDE my fence, not sure what yet, but something prickly for sure, Probably some nice tame Blackberries for Jam, or Tayberries if I can get them.

Look for "Preparedness Nuggets" :D on Google-if you find them-they have a link to the Mormon food calculator. LOTS of good stuff and lots of links, but quite a few are broken :roll:

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

STEALTH CAMPER, you would be better off planting timber cane if you can find it, regelar cane if not, side spool some razor wire and lots of barb wire and let the cane grow through it all. Just make sure you put a 2 1/2 foot underground and 6" above ground diagonal wall of galvanized tin on both sides of your 6 to 8 foot wide fence cause it will take over quick. or get you one hell of a bush hog and plan on riding it often. You may get a side line of selling fishing poles as well, but be ready it grows fast.

James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

yugogypsy wrote: link to the Mormon food calculator

Lois
http://www.well-equipped-family.com/foo ... _calc.html
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Great link (that whole website!) Thanks stuart!
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Food and hard times

Post by yugogypsy »

Bash On Regardless!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

yugogypsy wrote:http://www.justpeace.org/nuggetsindex.htm

This is the one I use :)
Lois

I went there and immediately a Malware Warning sign appeared.
Got love? Give love.
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

ezrablu wrote:@Griff...you're a very wise man...it's no doubt you are and will be an asset to the people in your life.
Thank you for your kind words, Ezra, but I feel no wiser than anyone else who is aware of the NWO, and in many cases, even less so...my eyes have only been wide open for about 2 years now.

Due to the plans the G/EPTB (Government/Elite Powers That Be) have for us serfs, I have come to the realization that homesteading is not an option for me (or anyone else IMHO).

I am of the opinion that to survive their dastardly plans the longest, I must be mobile and able to survive only on what I can carry on my physical person and scavenge in whatever surroundings I find myself.

I am planning and preparing to survive after abandoning my bus and it's accoutrements when the G/EPTB take over access to fuel, energy and food outlets.

Yeah, I know, I'm considered a "nutcase" by most, but if you've done the research I have and see exactly just what is in store for our futures, you'd understand my take on it.

Rather than risk turning this fine forum into a "political arena", anyone who wants some details on why I am of these opinions can PM or email me.

If you want a peek at just the tip of the iceberg, simply look into the Patriot Act (which put the final coffin nail in The Constitution and allowed Bush to call it "Just a G-D'ed piece of paper..."), and some of the Presidential Executive Orders (i.e. 10990, 10995, 10997, 10998, 11000 through 11005 and 11051 among many others). I can provide links to these references for any who are interested.

Not trying to be a bummer, folks, just hoping more folks are awake and properly preparing themselves as best they can...
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation