Esmerelda's End of the Week Soup

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

graydawg

Post by graydawg »

Rudy bud I hate to tell ya but it will take allot more than a kiss to help either one of us be a prince, but allway's remember LADIES you gotta kiss a lot of horney toads before you find a prince.
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
yugogypsy

Esmerelda's End of the Week Soup

Post by yugogypsy »

Dawg, I used to have a t-shirt that said that!

But I do promise each and every one of you who drop in, at least one great pot of soup. Plus Hugs and kisses for just getting here. I know it's a LONG road trip for some of you.

Cheers
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Esmerelda's End of the week soup

Post by yugogypsy »

This week's version featured some alphabet noodles I got, chicken broth, broccoli, onion, garlic, and diced tomatoes.

More variations to come as I experiment with early greens from the garden.

For the Vegan or Vegetarians among you, I'll feature one of "Rick's End of the Vegetables" soup one day.

Take Care All--and Eat Well! :D

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Wasn't Esmerelda the good witch in the wizard of Oz?
Got love? Give love.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Nope. that was Glynda.

Bon Voyage, please write when you land in Missouri

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Lois,
Just got the first chance to look at Cobble Hill on Google Earth. What a beautiful little place! I am perched at the corner of Heigh and Fisher, right in front of Barry's garage. Beer Wine Liquor Store across the street.

How do you get there?? I see a ferry from Vancouver to Sidney. Then what?? South to Goldstream, then back up??

Lovely territory.
Dan
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Actually, it's North from the Sidney-Anacortes ferry if you want to come that way, other way through Blaine to Vancouver ferry is longer.

Get on Google Maps--use Sidney B.C. to 1250 Hutchinson Rd, Cobble Hill--and if you try to find ME on Google Earth--I'm in the wrong spot, they've got me at Norma & Sandy's by the firehall, you have to go over hill from there and at top of hill is group mailbox on left--third house on left after mailbox, so keep going left on Google Earth, or go Heigh Street to Watson, Watson to Hutchinson and around that way.

Barry's Garage is an institution around here, it was a blacksmith's first, now owned by Donna & Keith Barry with the mechanic's bays rented to Ian Tait--Ian fixes my van :)

If you can see the Community Hall, well due to long and complicated reasons :x , I QUIT volunteering there yesterday.

I got here because I was born here--and some days I'd love to leave

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Miss Priss

Miss Lois... leave

Post by Miss Priss »

You want to leave come see me in Virgina. I can't eat meat, I'm not a good cook but I can give a good hug and I love to chat! :wink:
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Lois....in "another life" of mine, I used to spend summer in Victoria B.C. at a home on the beach. Everywhere up around there is beautiful :thumbup:
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I "cruised" some of the streets in Google Earth. Beautiful country - similar to the woods on west side of Seattle - over the sound (Gig Harbor area).
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Cobble Hill and my road in particular was quieter before they put in a subdivision at each end of the road and built the new elementary school.

Now come 2:30 every day I have school buses roaring by, early in the morning its the supply trucks for the store, vet's, post office, pub and garage.

Late at night it's freight trucks like the one that went KABOOM a few weeks ago, and we're a half mile from the tracks, so until recently we heard the passenger train twice a day (cut due to economics) So now it's the freight trains bringing grain or whatever to the two feed mills in Duncan and further up Island.

We're also on the flight path for the airport, so we have planes, helicopters and the occasional microlight buzzing around.

All in all its not a bad place to live, but you'd better lock up everything you own if you go out or go to bed, since the invasion of "city slickers" we've had the vehicles broken into 4 times and stuff taken from the garden.

Time tor an electric fence! :D

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

It could have been a lot quieter here tonight. :(

Week 6 of new neighbours--party hearty AGAIN! :shock:

Once when they moved in a month ago, again two weeks ago and again tonight :x

I had planned to get up early and get some more clean-up done, looks like that idea is postponed until I get some sleep.

Somebody loan my a loud hailer and a siren to get their attention over this--Monday morning I phone my by-law officer, and if a warning from him don't stop it, I call the RCMP.

I cannot have this bs going on-too hard on my health-and as helpful as they may be when they're sober, they're a pain in the butt when they party! :x

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Turkey based soup tonight, with cauliflower, rice-or alphabet noodles, tomatoes, onions, garlic and thyme.

Got enough broth for 2 pots so I'm going to freeze some.

Spring has Spring and we've got to get gardening
:) Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Chicken base soup tonight, made with real chicken backs (Rick & I are cleaning the freezer.)

He's gardening with Jennifer today so it will be a quick soup with some broccoli and noodles in it.

Hoping for a quiet weekend, but with the hockey playoffs going on there might be a party next door again :roll:

If so, I'll take me sleeping bag and go sleep on the couch at Rob's, I'm tired of the noise.

Take Care
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Same as first soup described, got very thick with the rice soaking up a lot of liquid, but it was good.

Can't beat lunch though,,PRAWNS-yum, I ate a dozen with about 2 dozen French fries-real home cut fresh potatoes too.

All this eating seems to be working, gained 1.8 pounds when I got weighed today! :D

Not much, but something, just have to eat more but try to avoid that stuffed feeling and indigestion.

The strawberries have a bumper crop going and the "tub garden" I put on the front of Pit Stop is growing all sorts of greens, carrots and dill.

A lot of stuff volunteered from the compost :lol:

Cheers
Lois
Bash On Regardless!