1973 Blue Bird

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

dburt

Post by dburt »

Rudy- have you rested enough now?? :P

Since you had to go and delete all those pictures of Zac's house build, are you going to post some that will 'pass muster' ? :wink:

I want to see how the build is going- so please get up and going again, and get those pics and progress reports coming again! :lol:
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

dburt wrote:you had to go and delete all those pictures...
I'm going to jump in and point out that nobody "had" to delete those photos, Rudy decided to do so of his own accord.

Just making sure that the impression isn't created that I made that action necessary as a matter of forum policy.
dburt

Post by dburt »

The "had to" part was said 'tongue-in-cheek'. I thought that perhaps he had decided to delete the aforementioned pics and repost with some updated ones or ones that would be more 'OSHA kosher' to avoid any controversy or problems for anyone.

Not knowing what may going on, I tried to gently needle or prod him to return to daily postings of the project after his rest from his previous labors that he said he was going to take.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

:roll:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Stealth Camper

Re: 1973 Blue Bird

Post by Stealth Camper »

Rudy,...missing you!
Hope you are well!

Dan
dburt

Post by dburt »

Last I heard from Rudy he was scrambling to find work and income. Don't know if he is still up in Missouri or elsewhere. His buddy that was doing the underground house build hit a temporary dead end on the project due to lack of funds, so perhaps they are both turning thier attention and direction to other venues to making some bucks.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

It's rough out there without a steady place to go every day. I was there for about 4 years and came to really not like it very much at all. But then, with the attitude that people tell me I have....

If you hear from him again, say hi to him for us, and looking forward to "seeing" him again on this place!!
kb2iaw

Post by kb2iaw »

...You can find rudy at his own home page ...GOOGLE his name RUDY HARLEY and follow the links , some may also lead to marc`s and a note can produce a phone call ...
dburt

Post by dburt »

I heard from Rudy today, and he won't be coming back. He has alot on his plate right now, being in economic survival mode has him quite busy now just trying to keep his head above water. He added alot to the site, and he will be missed!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

That's the progress as of now. If all goes well, the rest of the posts and girders will go up soon

We got most of the purlins loaded on to the girders so far. It was Zac, CJ, Gary, and myself. I'll have pics of those efforts posted soon.

Stay tuned.

Here, the third row of posts have been installed with the beams (girders) atop of them.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here is the super-cool Zac driving the great blue Genie

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

One morning, our friend, John came by to help us out. John is perhaps the strongest guy we know. Yes, it's true that the Amish people are strong, however, John is as strong as two of them, and stronger than 1000 other men.

He may look like a rough character, but let me assure you that he is kind and gentle. He is definitely someone that you want on your side, though.

Last edited by Rudy on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here is John drilling the one inch hole into an especially hard rock area.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

John's truck and Zac's golf cart.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Let me tell you about Zac's Yamaha gas powered golf cart. He has had it for many years, and has put it through MANY MANY unbelievable trials. Any other golf cart would have died many years ago.

Just last week, we took it into the woods where we cut down eight cedars to be used as bracing posts. Most of these cedars were close to twenty feet long. Zac used that golf cart to haul those trees out of the woods. I was duly impressed.
Got love? Give love.