Rudy Harley Update

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

kb2iaw

Rudy Harley Update

Post by kb2iaw »

While surfing some permaculture sites i found rudys friend ...rudys photos can be seen here on this blog ....

.permies.com/permaculture-forums/8803_0/green-building/my-underground-house-build
A friend

Re: Rudy Harley Update

Post by A friend »

I guess he just can't hide. Someday somebody will find him and beg him to come back to this forum.
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Well, he was an interesting energetic guy. But it's hard to be moving all your marbles around... I'm glad he's didn't quit doing his chronicles.

Rufus
Not Rudy's Friend

Post by Not Rudy's Friend »

A friend wrote:Someday somebody will find him and beg him to come back to this forum.
Oh, right, like that's going to happen after he threatened to bring a lawsuit against the new owner of the forum. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
kb2iaw

Post by kb2iaw »

rlaggren wrote:Well, he was an interesting energetic guy. But it's hard to be moving all your marbles around... I'm glad he's didn't quit doing his chronicles.

Rufus

exactly, he is an interesting and energetic fellow . Glad to see he`s doing well .he did say in his post that he may someday put up a blog of his own personal adventures...and his own expieriances with his own bus conversion/rebuild ...
hope no one gets offended ,and moves on with life ...after all it`s very short . :beer:
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I guess I missed a bunch of the action... Rudy threatened lawsuit? Against Stuart??

Shows how sad our summer was here on the forum...
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

I must say that I am a little uncomfortable with the direction that this thread is going. But feel I should make some clarifications, based on what has been posted, though with a degree of ambiguity.

It is indeed true that Rudy made direct contact with me, shortly after I took over the running of this forum. I responded to said contact and he replied. This is a direct quote from his reply: "You need not fear any legal action as it would cost both you and me."

Having responded to his response, I have heard no more from him to date.

I feel disappointed in the manner of his departure from the forum, however respect anyones right to choose to either participate or not. My intentions are to keep these forums as open and non-controlling as possible, and that also means that I will not try to compel anyone to participate too. I got the direct impression that Rudy did not want to continue participating in this forum and that is his free choice.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

I had an email from Rudy today. He has a few small jobs to feed him and the dogs and has a good place to stay.

As I'm rarely here myself I don't think I should be begging him to come back

Hugs
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I talk to Rudy once a month or so and he's makin due in the new place and likin it for the most part. I don’t post much but I’ll say this and I’ll only say it once and then im going back to enjoying this site for what it’s for. Sharkey put together the original site a bunch of years ago to share about a lifestyle the most of us only dreamed about which was “Mobile living” then added “alturnitive energy” and then because we had shown interest in other forks in the road like “preparing food” and just plan old “fun noncence” so we would come together as a community to swap ideas and maybe even look out for each other if one of us got bummed or even was in need of food or warm things to ware. He even at some point “Graciously” gave a few outsiders an opportunity to be part of the mechanics of the site and the next thing we new we “Had” a great community and place to hang out. Well, the next thing yah know up pops decustions of politics, religion and opinions about who should build what and how they should do it and at that point “The Owner of the site” “The Boss” our cyber “Housetruck friend” finely had enough and pulled the plug. Im actually surprised he held on as long as he did. Now, because he “The Owner” is such a gracious guy he aloud and from what I understand even helped Stuart put together this site so that “if” we could “grow up” and play nice we would still have a great community and place to hang out and swap our ideas like we were supposed to do in the first place. I talk to Roger from time to time and more then one I’ve said to him, Yah know Roger, the 2 things that have “always” started wars since the beginning of time are “Politics and Religion” and still today we chose to keep discussing them and then a war brakes out and lives and communities are lost and destroyed and in the end “No one” benefited from it. And then I said that's some sh*t how we don’t learn from our mistakes aint it :D So anyway, what im getting at is, “Stop diggin up old sh*t and be thankful we still have a great place to hang out and be the “Community” we were supposed to be in the first place :roll: "Nuff Said 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

This is also the last reply I will be making to this thread.
Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote: Now, because he “The Owner” is such a gracious guy he aloud and from what I understand even helped Stuart put together this site so that “if” we could “grow up” and play nice we would still have a great community and place to hang out and swap our ideas like we were supposed to do in the first place.
Dennis, your understanding on this is correct. Mr Sharkey put in a massive number of hours, over the space of about a month, to help me get the forum running again. He also retains full administration rights, should he choose to re-engage in the forum at a future date.
Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote: So anyway, what im getting at is, “Stop diggin up old sh*t and be thankful we still have a great place to hang out and be the “Community” we were supposed to be in the first place :roll: "Nuff Said 8)
Couldn't have said it better myself. It's the things we share in common that are important, not the other stuff.
kb2iaw

Post by kb2iaw »

stuartcnz wrote:This is also the last reply I will be making to this thread.
Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote: Now, because he “The Owner” is such a gracious guy he aloud and from what I understand even helped Stuart put together this site so that “if” we could “grow up” and play nice we would still have a great community and place to hang out and swap our ideas like we were supposed to do in the first place.
Dennis, your understanding on this is correct. Mr Sharkey put in a massive number of hours, over the space of about a month, to help me get the forum running again. He also retains full administration rights, should he choose to re-engage in the forum at a future date.
Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote: So anyway, what im getting at is, “Stop diggin up old sh*t and be thankful we still have a great place to hang out and be the “Community” we were supposed to be in the first place :roll: "Nuff Said 8)
Couldn't have said it better myself. It's the things we share in common that are important, not the other stuff.

( Well Said ....What no one needs is old stale stuff....Let s get on with the bussing and building ,and cooking and keep personal buisness ...to our selfs . Rudy as well as stuart are two knowledgeable indevidules this site needs . :thumbup:
Headache

Post by Headache »

stuartcnz wrote:I must say that I am a little uncomfortable with the direction that this thread is going. But feel I should make some clarifications, based on what has been posted, though with a degree of ambiguity.
Stuart, this is only my opinion but I felt compelled to reply. You have been nothing but the example of diplomacy in any subject that could be thought of as "touchy", included disagreement or what have you from what I have read here as well as other forums you have posted on regardless of my opinion on the matter. I have full confidence that as issues arise you will handle them as objectively as possible. That there was even a threat of legal action only tells me of the immaturity and selfishness going on behind those kind of statements aside from there being no money behind it.

I will admit that I became increasingly uncomfortable with the posts I read saying that this forum might as well be shut down if Rudy left. I felt very sad that in those few sentences the contributions and participation of so many others became "that" unimportant. I'm happy that it has proved out to be the opposite and things are coming back together again. Aside from Sharkey, almost all the people I looked forward to reading are still posting here anyway even if it's just a quick check in. Some are very busy right now and I let them know I value them.

What everyone needs to remember is this is an online community. We don't have the benefit of seeing facial expression, voice tone, body language etc., nor have we(most of us anyway) had the opportunity to get to know one another in person which leaves things open to interpretation and misunderstanding. Community strength, maturity and respect is measured by the community continuing despite occasional issues. This is not a perfect utopia, issues are bound to come up. I know of no place, online or in real life where issues did NOT come up regardless of topic. I've objected to some things posted and I'm still here. One person who I posted an objection to once, I wish I could read more from, or check out his food pics, see more of his cat...or learn how to build a solar trailer. Ahem.... /waves trying to get his attention.

I'm glad to see this site continuing despite the hiccups and will be VERY happy once I can contribute again but it will have to wait. My doc isn't sure of my actual condition yet because my leg swelled so bad it may have compressed everything, hiding potential fractures.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I wasn't trying to start any kind of bad stuff here... I appreciate and enjoy everything that Sharkey and Stuart and everyone else have done to keep this thing up and running and having wonderful content. I think I have commented in the past that it is a quiet little "oasis" from the normal forum that I see. And if I didn't say it before, I am now. It is and has always been a very nice place for me to visit. I like it a lot!

And I especially don't mean to make anyone uncomfortable - if something I say comes across that way, then please accept this as a blanket apology to any and all. I just want to enjoy what everyone is doing and hopefully get some ideas, and share any insights I get doing my projects.

As for shutting down the forum, I know I have never said that it should be and certainly would not like it if it did shut down, no matter who comes and goes. Even though there have been changes in composition, the total group experience is what makes it worthwhile to me.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Stealth Camper wrote:I wasn't trying to start any kind of bad stuff here...
I didn't take anything you posted that way. Everyone will have an opinion about things in their own way despite what others think about it. The maturity and strength of this site proved itself out in that most of us are still here and posting despite the drama. And that is what makes being a part of this community a grand thing. :)