eating healthy

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

splummer

eating healthy

Post by splummer »

been eating real healthy for a while now due to my wife finding out she has diabties and being on insulin, no junk food for me :cry: got good news the other day and it seems she has been doing good and may be off insulin,if that happens im getting off this healthy food kick,as least one day
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ol trunt

Re: eating healthy

Post by ol trunt »

I'm happy for your good news. Funny how different we all are when it comes to eating. Wiffy wanted to loose three pounds and fed us almost nothing but salads. After four days of this I began to feel not well and discovered that I had lost six pounds while she had showed no change. After explaining to her that I can't live on salads she took pitty on me and bought a whole roast chickhen which I devoured in one sitting. It'll take me six months to regain my lost weight--maybe I could go with you when you go on your one day junk food pigout :lol: . Jack
splummer

Post by splummer »

lol. eating healthy is good,but why is it raising hell with my system, steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

I know there is a big gap here but I'd like to share a little info I just learned about eating healthy and a word of warning. My Doc called me the other day after my annual physical to ask me if I had become a Vegan!?! I explained that while I do try to eat a healthy diet I hadn't let it go that far. Long story short, seems that since Vegans don"t eat meat they are at risk of depleting their vitamine B12 stores (since no plants produce vitamine B12) which can lead to pernecious anemia which is lethal--and in short order. Vitamine B12 is a big player in the production of red blood cells and nerve maintenance. Without vitamine B12 or in my case the inability to absorb it naturally, things can go to Hell in a handbag. Lucky for me this was discovered prior to any irreversible damage happening but I will have to inject myself with vitamine B12 each week for the rest of my life--who'd of thunk? Vegans--beware. Jack
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Jack, The B12 one is a bit of a trickster as well. It takes a long time to become deficient, so people often don't realize that it is happening, until it is to late.