Chillin in the parking lot

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Chillin in the parking lot

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]

Get ya self a 3 lb hunk of roast beef (I got ot for $1.99 a lb on sale and stuffed it in the freezer) Cut it in to chunks and grind that SOB up :P

a sh*t load fresh garlic

a couple of good size onions

a couple good size green peppers

a couple good size red peppers

8 oz's tomato sauce

15 oz can red kidney beans

a bunch of diced tomato's

And one of those chili in a box deals and the next thing ya know your bus or truck is smellin right 8)

Now your gonna need somethin to eat while the chili is cookin cuz you don't wants to eats your chili till the next day (betta dat way) so throw on some fish and rice to keep ya goin till tomorra :D

[/img]ImageImageImageImage
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Standaddy

Post by Standaddy »

Sho nuff lookin good Dennis. Would you happen to remember Justin Wilson? For some reason your recipe/pics/narration reminded me of him. He was a cajun cook I used to see on TV some years ago.
Stan
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

I agree, Standaddy. Good Ole Justsin Wilson (RIP) - His was the only cooking show I could stomach (no pun intended) because he was just so-o-o laid back and fun(ny)...
Justin Wilson wrote:"I'm sure glad for you to see me!"
His cooking was plain, simple and...
Justin Wilson wrote:"Wondermous!"
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Aside from being one of the first members of the Sharkey site, Dennis is also it's foremost chef. Not only does Dennis bring us many memorable recipes, he also has consoled many of us in our troubled times. Just ask Sharkey.
Dennis, thank you for all you have provided to us, the bus family. You truly are an inspiration.
By the way, I am looking forward to doing some more crock pot cooking this winter. Stay tuned for some new home made recipes.
Thanks again, Dennis.
PS. I must also mention that Dennis is an ace woodcrafter. Look at some of the hand made doors and windows he has made.
Got love? Give love.
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

My wife made a supper in a pumpkin the other day.

YUMMY!

All she did was to brown some meat with garlic and onions and then put it inside of a pumpkin with some cheese, beans, celery, etc.

Then into the oven with the top on the pumpkin.

A couple hours later and great supper utilizing a pumpkin that would most likely have rotted on the front porch.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Rudy wrote:Aside from being one of the first members of the Sharkey site, Dennis is also it's foremost chef. Not only does Dennis bring us many memorable recipes, he also has consoled many of us in our troubled times. Just ask Sharkey.
Dennis, thank you for all you have provided to us, the bus family. You truly are an inspiration.
By the way, I am looking forward to doing some more crock pot cooking this winter. Stay tuned for some new home made recipes.
Thanks again, Dennis.
PS. I must also mention that Dennis is an ace woodcrafter. Look at some of the hand made doors and windows he has made.

Rudy my bus dwellin buddy, as I alway tell ya, we're all in this mess together. If folks would only turn the clock back to the times when folks would give the other guy a leg up when he or she was in need im pretty sure we would be in a much better place as a society :wink: It don't take much :roll:
Peace along the way
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Now you guys put a big space between the chili and the Jalapeno and green onion cornbread post :D Ok gang im goin in
[img][img]http://i53.tinypic.com/ng8ds.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i55.tinypic.com/eu3vjt.jpg[/img][/img]

Hmm, It's good but I think I'll drop a little more cayenne in there for some heat but all all it's good 8)
Peace along the way
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Now, that looks great!! I bought a buffalo roast last week and put it in the freezer until I could figure out what to do with it. Now I know!
yugogypsy

Chillin' in the parkin' lot

Post by yugogypsy »

I was contemplating whether or not to add some chili type stuff to my hamburger soup, well now I am definitely going too, barley though, my system doesn't like beans :cry:

Lois

PS> Dennis: I need fattening recipes!
Bash On Regardless!