fun website

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

southpier

fun website

Post by southpier »

dburt

Post by dburt »

Very interesting site- I like the one house truck they feature. But the small houses and shelters are good too!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I must say that Sharkey's web site is the funnest thing on the web. I am grateful for the time and energy he has spent on developing and keeping this place active. Every time I go here, it feels like it is a holy place. I have been to other web sites that feature motorhomes, and it is like watching TV with commercials. I gave up TV many years ago. My favorite uncle told me, a long time ago, that commercials are an insult to your intelligence. Kudos to you, Mr. Sharkey, for providing us with this fantastic place to dream without all the clutter of modern man. I feel honored to participate in the workings. I will continue to input, even when I get involved with steady work. Thanks Sharkey. You are a rare breed. I so much want for you to get your Crown done. You will probably live longer than I. So you still have time to complete the task. Your friend, Rudy
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here are the pics of the housetruck they featured.

Last edited by Rudy on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Rudy wrote:Every time I go here, it feels like it is a holy place.
If I'm going to be involved with forming a new religion, it has to include lots of swimming pools situated in tropical climates. Services will revolve around scantily-clad young women serving me mixed drinks on trays and rolling and smoking my cigarettes for me. Tithing will be mandatory.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

:D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

More comment on the featured links (up there, in the first post):

I noticed some referrals from the shedworking.com site on Sunday, but I had some visitors hanging around making themselves comfortable at my expense, so I didn't really follow up on the quick look I had at the site. Nice little housetruck, very nice open and light interior. It wasn't until I read up on the talesofspaceandtime page ( http://www.morison.info/talesofspaceandt.html ) that I understood why the interior of the truck seems to be a display of sorts for a lot of books. Seems it's not so much a live-in housetruck as it's an artistic statement and dedication to H.G. Wells and his si-fi novels.

The text on the page also has an almost three-year-old interview with Roger Beck (Truckingturtle) discussing the construction of his house trucks and philosophy of why. I actually missed that it was an interview with him until I read the part about his getting busted for ripping off a tape deck...

It appears the Morrisons, who built the truck are artists who have a history of constructing unique assemblages on a variety of themes, many of them rather dark. Some of their previous projects can be seen at the base address http://www.morison.info

Housetrucks as art, what next?
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Sharkey. Shouldn't the young scantily clad females be also peeling the grapes for us, as well as serving the skewered legs of lamb? "My dear, would you pass the Grey Poupon"? I guess we can all dream.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Sharkey, You must have good eyeballs still working. I did not see that those were science fiction books on the shelves. I, too, am a collector of science fiction books. My favorite author is Frederick Pohl. I have 50 of his books. I also have most of Kurt Vonnegut's books, including his autograph on a 3 by 5 card. I guess I am just bragging. I would sell his autographed card which lives in one one his autobiographical books called Palm Sunday. It resides on the page that explains the meaning of the asterisk in his signature. If someone wants to know about that, just ask me, and I will quote to you what he said.
southpier

Post by southpier »

a little away from the topic, but sort of a fun site, too:

http://www.motorcycledreamgarage.com/ne ... ery_2.html
southpier

Post by southpier »

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here are some pics of that catering truck. It is a 2001 Freightliner chassis. It has a diesel engine. I don't know what kind.

Last edited by Rudy on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Some more.

Last edited by Rudy on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Inside plus one of the generator.

Last edited by Rudy on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

The last three.

Last edited by Rudy on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.