1958 Crown for sale

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

earthhorns

1958 Crown for sale

Post by earthhorns »

Hello all, I am reluctantly parting with my sweet 1958 Crown schoolie for 5K OBO.
It has 80k original miles that can be verified by the log book kept on the bus. The 262 turbo Cummins was rebuilt 6K miles ago and runs like a champ. The bus was garage kept by the Baptist church camp here on Vashon. They kept the bus meticulously maintained, with records. In 2001 the bus was professionally painted with Emron epoxy paint. The interior is stripped clean, ready for conversion.
At $5K, I would still be losing money on this sale, but it has to go since I purchased the hi-top 66 Crown that dburt turned me on to- thank you dburt!
I really needed that extra head room at 6'2" and this coach will be my new home soon.
I am not very computer saavy, so please see photos of the 58 Crown on the first page of photos on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crowncoachjunkies/ .
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Earthhorns, I would have posted pictures, but when I clicked on the link, It said that that link appears to have been broken. I would be glad to post some pics. Perhaps you can check that link address to see if it has not expired. Rudy
dburt

Post by dburt »

Earthhorns, is that your '58 Crown in front of the brick builiding that looks like a school? Looks like a sweet ride! I am glad you got the '66 Crown, I just could not reconcile to the possiblity that Wayne would junk it out if he could not find a home for it. With time, patience and a little luck I think you can track down that title and get it transferred! Now you have to keep us posted on the conversion, etc!! You owe me, right?? :lol:
earthhorns

Post by earthhorns »

Thanks for offering to help with the photos Rudy, I'm not sure why that link doesn't work, as it's the correct address. I am short on time right now, but I can work on uploading some photos off my computer tomorrow.
Thanks again dburt, I will keep you posted. I really don't think Wayne would have scrapped the bus, he much preferred to send it to a good home. He and his family are very nice people, Wayne called me this morning to make sure I got home OK with the bus.
The Bus photo you saw is the home page for Crown coach junkies. My 58 Crown is in the photo section, first page. It's tan with brown stripes and looks brand new, amazing for 1958. I am reluctant to sell it as it's such a solid good running bus.
smelly

yahoo

Post by smelly »

I think this "www.crowncoachjunkies.com".is a yahoo group so you need to go to yahoo 1st I think.
earthhorns

Post by earthhorns »

Hi everybody, my 58 Crown sold this morning to the first person that came to look at it. The lady lives right here on Vashon Island. To sweeten the deal, she wants to hire me to finish out the interior! I'm going to be a busy guy working on two buses at once, but what a pleasure to work on a couple of vintage Crowns.
tjontour

missed out on the bus...

Post by tjontour »

My name is TJ, I live in portland oregon, I traveled 23 years , in a van, mostly seeing music.
No regrets, I live the life I love!
My Dodge van has 385,000 miles, and is dead, finally, she treated me great.
Now im older, and am thinking of a bus, a cummins, which should last me the rest of my life.
I was searching crigslist for a cummins pickup, and decided to check seattle, I stumbled upon your bus, I spent 4 hours online researching the engine, the tranny, the bus itself, to see if it was a good bus.
After 4 hours, I decided to buy it, called you, and you said" i just sold it 10 minutes ago"
shit.
So anyway, keep me in mind , if the lady decides she doesnt want it, at any point in the future.
To everyone else, keep me in mind if an old bus comes available, I have cash.
TJ
earthhorns

Post by earthhorns »

TJ, Sorry you missed out on the 58 Crown, sounds like you did some homework on the drive train...and yes, Crowns are built as a heavy duty truck...very durable! I have had two other buses in the past that I converted to live in and travel to shows. Crowns are a good way to go for the long haul.
Good luck in your search for a bus TJ, there's some real sweethearts out there looking for a good home. I will let you know if my old 58 becomes available again.
Scott
earthhorns

1958 crown for sale

Post by earthhorns »

Hey TJ, The lady who paid me for my 58 Crown wants to back out of the deal, she bit off more than she could chew, I guess.
So, it's your lucky day if you still want the bus at $5K, it's worth every penny of it with the rebuilt Cummmins 220.
Give me a call at 206-795-0483
Scott
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Scott, just a tip, if TJ doesn't drop in and see your message here, you can email him using the link at the bottom of any of his posts, you have to be logged in to see the link. Your last post was as a guest, did you forget your password?

Be nice to see someone who appreciates Crowns get your bus. Hmmm, maybe I should start charging a comission for sales through the forum... :wink:
earthhorns

Post by earthhorns »

Thank you for the tip Sharkey. My last post was done at the library, so yes, I forgot my password. My home computer is acting up.
I would very much like to see this sweet old 58 Crown go to someone who appreciates these buses for the jewels that they are! It's very hard for me to part with this bus, but alas, I needed something with more headroom to live in.
I did list the bus on craig's list, which got me into the current situation of a not so serious or appreciative buyer backing out. Eventhough she paid me in full, I am helping her to find the bus a good home.
Thank you Sharkey for creating a forum like this that attracts people that have a genuine love for old buses and what can be done with them. Your bus is a stellar example of that!
Thank you again,
Scott
mokibrabrant

Post by mokibrabrant »

So what I have gathered from all this is you still no longer "own" the bus, it is owned by the recalcitrant buyer: who has payed you for it but does not desire possession of it..........and you have agreed, if you can, to sell it for her? She has payed you the 5K and now you are searching to find someone to give you 5K for the Bus so you can give it to Her? Is that what is happening?

earthhorns

Post by earthhorns »

the bus has gone to a good new home...situation resolved!
Moki, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the quality constuction of Crown buses and what part of this country's history that represents.
Sadly, today we live in a "disposable" society, where very few people understand the concept of "built to last". So, I am very happy that the sweet 58 Crown finally went to someone who truly appreciates a vintage well built bus!
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Are we ever going to get to see some photos of this bus? I'll be damned if I am going to register for Yahell! to see it.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I think this is the Crown in question.