It pays to be seen

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Chesty6

It pays to be seen

Post by Chesty6 »

Mr. Sharkey:

In case you keep track of these things........I heard about your web-site through Lloyd Kahn's ; "Home Work - Handbuilt Shelter" book.

Great site.

I'm a puppy; I don't even own anything more exotic than a '66 Ford Custom 4-door. However, one of the things I do in my job is develop work programmes and activities for homeless kids and street youth invovled with my agency and I've had an idea for awile about trying to get a bunch of our more talented kids involved in building a gypsy vardo (or maybe a truck conversion for a travelling theatre group or something....) It's a bit of stretch for some of my funders, but man it would be different (especially up in Ontario).

So , one thing leads to another (as these things do) and I came across your site. I like hearing about this how-to stuff and I'm the kind of guy who will buy someone's little quirky book; so I appreciate the reviews and the info.

I'll keep checking in.

Chesty6 (I was as surprised as anyone that there were at least 5 Chestys before me - is nothing original?)
roasting8

Post by roasting8 »

Hi Chesty6,

You can also try www.skoolie.net for some conversion information.

Robert
Chesty6

Thanks for the suggestion

Post by Chesty6 »

Robert:

Thanks. Skoolies looks interesting. I do, in fact, have a old 88 Ford school bus at work painted a bright sky blue (a danger to low flying aircraft); so maybe we can start a conversion project afterall.

Chesty6