Time for a Poll

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Administrator
Site Admin

Time for a Poll

Post by Administrator »

How interesting. After a new co-moderator was appointed, over 3,400 posts and uncounted topics have been deleted. The destruction of the topic threads included:

1973 Blue Bird
Sudden Bursts Of Wonder. Quotes from beyond.
Music Central
A Funny Thing Happened....
It's Time
First Kiss
1960 Crown TV Truck
Trailers And Motorhomes You Have Had
Snow

And many more that have yet to be reported missing. These topic threads contained posts from many of the forum members who have now had their material removed without their consent.

The poll question is:

Should all of these now deleted posts be restored from a backup database? Doing so will unfortunately overwrite and delete any new posts since Tuesday, July 19 at appproximately 8:00 PM.

Or, say to hell with it and accept the censorship and just let the material go missing? Each user who posted in these deleted topic thread has had their post count decremented by the number of posts that they had in the thread, if that matters to anyone.

The poll is open until Sunday morning, July 24. Make your opinion count and vote. If you are posting as a guest, you won't be able to vote, but you can express your opinion by replying to this topic.
Last edited by Administrator on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
somewhereinusa

Post by somewhereinusa »

I think that you didn't have enough questions to the poll, number two didn't sit quite right with me. I do however think that if it gets done it should be done as soon as possible since anything past July 17 will go away. If done soon less will be lost in the long run. I for one don't want to see the site go away, I think for the most part is seems more like family than the others forums.

Dick
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Dick, you lost 14 posts to the massacre.

An additional poll option has been added. Too bad if you've already voted.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I think if someone has left in a huff, and want their posts deleted, then that's just too bad .

Leave ALL the posts there.

There may be some gems of information still to be gleaned. Plus the history of the site remains.

Regards
Dusty
58 Bedford House
splummer

Post by splummer »

leave all posts on if you want out so be it, dont touch my posts tho
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
somewhereinusa

Post by somewhereinusa »

I don't think anything I have said or posted is all that earth shattering. I'm still alive and kicking, if anyone wants to hear my words of wisdom :wink: they can always ask again.
However there have been some posts,especially those that have pictures, that I would hate to see gone into the nether world.
Isn't there some kind of cut and paste method so that older posts could be restored and posts after the cut of date could be pasted on at the end?
splummer

Post by splummer »

:D alive ,yes kicking no, jusyt to damn hot here almost 100 ,will be that today, these temps are not normal for us
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Geez... why delete? Those topics don't take up that much room in the overall scheme of things. Lots of good reference material there. And fun stuff.

All of it very entertaining if not absolutely earth shaking in importance!
yugogypsy

Time For a poll

Post by yugogypsy »

LEAVE MY POSTS ALONE!!!!

LOIS :evil:
Bash On Regardless!
dburt

Post by dburt »

I hope the original Sharkey website can be brought back to the way we knew it. I liked going back over old topic threads, and seeing pictures etc. Maby I am just a sentimental old geezer, but I liked the way things were on the old original Sharkey website. This new format is just not right! :cry:

I realize how much we owe Sharkey for all his hard work :!:

Sharkey, where ever you are, please come back! :?
yugogypsy

Time For a poll

Post by yugogypsy »

AGREED!!!!

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
yugogypsy

Re: Time for a Poll

Post by yugogypsy »

"Snow" was my thread--no one else should have played with it without A) permission or B) me asking for it to be deleted.

Rudy, your whole Thread is gone, How do you feel, all those pics of you, the bus and dogs going POOF?

Some threads were getting exceeding long, but they could have been archived.

I don't think this is right. I was shocked when I came on yesterday and found our home had been rent asunder.

Let's do something gang!

Lois
Administrator wrote:How interesting. After a new co-moderator was appointed, over 3,400 posts and uncounted topics have been deleted. The destruction of the topic threads included:

1973 Blue Bird
Sudden Bursts Of Wonder. Quotes from beyond.
Music Central
A Funny Thing Happened....
It's Time
First Kiss
1960 Crown TV Truck
Trailers And Motorhomes You Have Had
Snow

And many more that have yet to be reported missing. These topic threads contained posts from many of the forum members who have now had their material removed without their consent.

The poll question is:

Should all of these now deleted posts be restored from a backup database? Doing so will unfortunately overwrite and delete any new posts since Tuesday, July 19 at appproximately 8:00 PM.

Or, say to hell with it and accept the censorship and just let the material go missing? Each user who posted in these deleted topic thread has had their post count decremented by the number of posts that they had in the thread, if that matters to anyone.

The poll is open until Sunday morning, July 24. Make your opinion count and vote. If you are posting as a guest, you won't be able to vote, but you can express your opinion by replying to this topic.
Bash On Regardless!
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

yugogypsy , I understand it is Rudy that has done this.
58 Bedford House
HOG

Post by HOG »

I have a feeling this is not Sharky going under the name as ADIM. But could be wrong. I have been in touch with SHARKY over 10 years.

HOGCAT
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

I just found my password. If it who ya all think it is, shame on that person!! I don't post much anymore, but still visit now & then. I hope SHARKY gets it figured out soon.

The previous post (HOG) was mine, but had to change the name to post as a guest.