Thanks

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Thanks

Post by Rudy »

I'd like to thank all the regular posters for your words of support when I lost my job two weeks ago. I know that I am the new kid on the block, but you all have been generous with your time and all the brainy advice on the mechanical parts of my bus.
When I lost my job, I was kinda freaked out. I knew I had to rise to the challenge, so the first thing I did was to break down the wall I had built around me by the daily consumption of my vices. I figured, if I was going to f--k up my life now, it wasn't going to be because I was drunk or stoned. You said that things would turn around, and they surely did, in just two short weeks. I've got a beautiful place to park the bus. It's in the boonies. Totally dark at night, and next month, I will be able to enjoy the meteor showers that come this time of year. I've got electricity, a water source, and a sewer line to dump my holding tank.
I live frugally, so I can get by on little money. I had a little bit saved, so I bought a bunch of food and water for me and the dogs. My dad sent me some money, so I got my own cell phone.
Now, wait a minute! Did you all read Norman Vincent Peale's book ,The Power Of Positive Thinking?
I feel strong, motivated, and blessed. I dare say, that I am happier than I have been in years. I guess it took me being booted out of that tour bus place to get the gears turning again. I was there for over eight years and had become too comfortable with no real ambition. So what's next? Maybe I'll find a lady friend.
Most of all, I would like to thank Sharkey for making it possible for all of us to commune our passions, desires, and knowledge. Thank's Sharkey.
Hopefully, it will not be raining Saturday. I am really excited about crawling under the bus to take pictures. I bet some of you will enjoy them as well. I guess it is a cheap trick to acquire even more info from you brainy people. I will post them on the Blue Bird thread along with questions. Once again, thanks to my bus family. Rudy
Last edited by Rudy on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
GoodClue

Support groups ...

Post by GoodClue »

Hello Rudy,

Glad things are turning around for you ... please, don't forget your music ... like to hear your sounds someday. My archaeological DVDs focus on the Celts in Colorado ... tried to get a local Celtic music group to add sound, they weren't interested, so I created my own ... used bongo for the drum track, layed mandolin and guitar tracks, came out great!
Keep on keepin on ...
Doug
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Doug, I have not forgotten about sending you some music. Saturday, I will go buy a bunch of CDRs and start making lots of copies. The most time consuming part is to write the titles down and who played what. Perhaps I will make a master list and get them copied at the post office.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

I'm glad things are turning out well for you, Rudy. The people here in the forum helped me when I was down. I'll probably never be able to properly compensate them, but passing some cheer along to you (and others who need it) may be a way of repaying the debt.
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Glad to hear things have gotten better, Rudy! Keep your chin up and keep looking at that silver lining! 8)
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
dburt

Post by dburt »

Rudy, sometimes it appears that God lets us go down so low that the only way we can look is up. Now I know some don't believe in a God and I don't want to start a theological ruhbarb here, but I have seen some really big and crazy things work out in my own life and in other's lives that defies rational explanation. It could only come from an other-worldly source of infinite wisdom and grace. So I am glad to hear you climbed up on the wagon (an old way of saying clean and sober) and things are turning around for you. It seems this may be the start of a better life, a new and improved next chapter in your journey. I am glad to see your adventuresome and independant spirit is alive and well. I will keep you in my prayers, and I too would like to hear some of your music someday. And I really look forward to more pics and dialog about buses and mobile living. As we used to say in the "good old days"- keep the faith man! DB

(By the way Sharkey- you have compensated everyone very well by hosting this excellant site, we are in your debt!)