A little biger bunglow

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

A little biger bunglow

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hi Gang

I came across a great deal I couldn't pass up. Im kinda broke but I couldn't let it slip by. It's an 02 with a few ding's but it's in great shape. The up side is Ready? $500.00 The down side is I only kind of have a titel for it. Ok, This is how it is and if any of you guys have any suggestions on how to get a full title please chime in. The oriental owner bought 1 of the same trailers new from a dealer in PA, and registered it as we all do and then he went up and bought another one ( this one ) and never registered it he just parked it behind his restaurant for storage ( there for never paying the sales tax on it ) and a few years later he sold it to the guy I bought it from. The guy I bought it from never registered it either and just slapped a trailer plate he had laying around on it and used it on construction sites for storage moving it at night to other site when needed. So what I have is basically is the birth certificate from the manufacture but the trailer has never been titled and neither past guys want to deal with it im guessing cuz of the unpaid sales tax. ( im sorry for using the filthy Tax word twice here on the forum :( but I need to be clear about what I have here ) It wont happen again, I promise. I figure even if I have to pay the sales t*x on the 4 or 5 grand the trailer originally cost I still got a great deal. The one thing for sure is that the trailer is “notâ€
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Nice buy! Get a sales receipt from the last owner saying the trailer was used only for storage and/or a sales demo. Take that and the MSO into your DMV, pay the t#x and you will still have a sweet deal. My brother bought a new one just like yours and paid $2,800 and thought he got a good deal!

If the previous owner's won't step up to the resposibility, send the last one a certified letter informing him that you are going to charge him storage for so much per day unless he pays up or gives you a title. Of course he will not sign for the letter so it will be sent back to you unopened. Don't open it, take it to your local DMV and show them you need a storage lien title for it since the previous owner has abandoned it and will not pay storage or provide a title in lieu of payment. Then you can start the ball rolling with the DMV to get a title.
Last edited by dburt on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Neither last owners want to deal with it "at all" .....
Peace along the way
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Just tell the DMV that you stole it, much less brain damage!! :D :D
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Wow Dennis, You could live in that thing. Considering small spaces, it is way bigger than your other one. I like the picture of the two of them together. I lived in that small 1953 trailer I had for five years. The best thing is is that they are east to heat. SCORE, DUDE!!!
GoodClue

Your new trailer ...

Post by GoodClue »

Nice find ... don't think I'd be able to pull it with my V6 '92 Toyota, but would like to see how you finish it out ... congrats!
Doug
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Hey Doug

I don't really know what size it is but there a V-6 in my little van and I had my 1800 lb jointer in a few days ago and I towed it about 10 miles and it went fine empty I dont even know it's back there. I picked up the solar rack today but I think im going to bring it back and put a forth hinge on both sides. I had him put 3 on each side of the 10 footer and it fine but it seems to be a little flimsy for the 12 footer so back it goes. I really hope I can get the paperwork thing worked out 1 foot wider and 2 feet longer doesn't seen much bigger but it will be a great little bungalow for the winter jobs.
Peace along the way