I got a letter from the Universe this morning

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

I got a letter from the Universe this morning

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I want you to know, Den, that I've ordered up another year for you.
Think I'll call it 2010.
I'm going to put most of the same people of 2009 in it, since you all think so much alike. But there'll also be a few new, very cool cats coming to play - give them some time to grow up though.
And I'm going to have things start off pretty much exactly where they left off in 2009, for continuity's sake. Flips folks out too much when I don't.
All in all, 365 more days in paradise... and only one request of you:

DREAM BIGGER.
DTBD

Let's do this,
The Universe
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
GoodClue

Thanks Dennis ...

Post by GoodClue »

Thanks Dennis ...
My New Year's experience was more like the conductor of the Polar Express asking "Well, are you getting on or not?" while looking at his pocket watch.
Of course, at the last minute, I opted to jump on ...
Like Keasey or my old grade school bus driver saying "You're either on the bus or off."
So far I've always opted to get on, but it never hurts to have a friend put in the order for you, just in case ...
It is paradise, we are still in the garden ... and my dreams are more vivid than ever
Thanks again Dennis .. :wink:
Doug
splummer

Post by splummer »

nice letter, reading these posts i would have to say we are on the bus
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I am IN the bus, and it is cold. I blocked off the bathroom two nights ago. It made the bus warmer, but my toilet froze. I thought that I had damaged it. Fortunately the yeast that I had put in it that day prevented the valve from closing all the way and the water that I usually leave in the bowl had gone down into the holding tank. Otherwise, it might have ruined the valve seal. All is well now with it.
splummer

Post by splummer »

how cold has it been in tenn. sounds like its real cold there , i also am on the bus, they went stop to let me off
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

It's not as cold as in Maine. We did get down to 12 degrees this week. It will be like that for a while. 30's during the day.
splummer

Post by splummer »

its been warm here , after the noreaster we got but in a few days will be back to normal , below 0. it sounds like harsh weather but you get used to it , its a good time to slow down and concentrate on projects
Bob

Post by Bob »

I hate to tell you all about the weather here in Arizona. One thing that I love about mobile dwelling is that you can go where the weather is good and leave when it gets bad. Like the song says....Going where the weather suits my clothes!
Wherever I am...I am home.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Wow! I am glad your toilet is not freezing over there In Arizona.

The song you make mention of is a Fred Niel song made famous by Harry Nillson. It is called Everybody's Talkin' At Me.

Bob, I don't know if I can get the gypsy blood flowing in me enough to go out on the road again, especially by myself. I have lost the fortitude. Perhaps, if I had someone with me, it would inspire me to take the risk.

I've got to find a convoy. DTBD says that he wants to travel again.

My thought is why should I go somewhere else, and what am I going to do when I get there?

Traveling is great, but once you land, there has to be a means to sustain yourself.

I feel a move is imminent. I just am afraid of embarking on such a journey.

Let's see how you feel about this when you get to be my age!
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Rudy, have you considered making contact with WINs (Wandering Individuals Network) Many of them are retired, but there are a few who would definitely be interesting to meet. Check out http://mobilecodgers.blogspot.com/ Randy, the guy who writes it, joins up with them several times a year, then wanders off again by himself when he feels like it. He also has an awesome stealth trailer and a generally interesting outlook on life.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks Stuart, the WINS is a new group to me as well, Randy does a great job painting a picture of all the interesting places that he visits...I am going to favorite that site. I have been to most of them too...the slabs was a very interesting place to say the least.
I hope to always keep that gypsy blood in my veins...its been there since I was a small child and I enjoy the freedom to do anything you can think of doing. Maybe the wanderlust will fade someday...but I kinda hope not. In the meantime I want to see as much of the planet as I can while I am on it.
Rudy I hope you don't get any "poopsicles", as you know I have had some nasty winters in snow and ice storms and I have been doing my best to just avoid that kind of weather from now on. So far its been working out great and it saves a bundle in heating expenses.
Wherever I am...I am home.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

stuartcnz wrote:Rudy, have you considered making contact with WINs (Wandering Individuals Network) Many of them are retired, but there are a few who would definitely be interesting to meet. Check out http://mobilecodgers.blogspot.com/ Randy, the guy who writes it, joins up with them several times a year, then wanders off again by himself when he feels like it. He also has an awesome stealth trailer and a generally interesting outlook on life.

I enjoyed Randy' site. THIS web site is pretty good,as well. Lots of ideas for anybody contemplating this sort of lifestyle.

Mark