Bicycling

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Mark B

Bicycling

Post by Mark B »

Maybe not something that''s discussed regularly around here. Maybe nothing anybody cares about. Whatever, here's a video I put together from our Sunday morning bike ride this morning. I was a little disappointed with the way Picasa handled the video; the entire thing was way to pixelated. I tried going Photobucket, but it immediately picked off the copyrighted music.... Anyway, here is what I have to show you. Hope it's a little bit of fresh air.

Mark

http://picasaweb.google.com/HuskerBug1/ ... 1909296178
dburt

Post by dburt »

I'm jealous Mark! It was ice fog and 25 degrees all day here in SW Idaho! I am getting cabin fever, and very restless for warm weather to come back to the NorthWest!
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Mark,
Very kind video. Being a So Cal boy I enjoyed it very much, thank you!
It makes me want to dig my old bike out and do some riding.Thanks. Chuck
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Mark, That is a cool video. I love bikes. At one time, I had over twenty of them. I am fanatical about everything I do. I had a little shop in the back room and used to do repairs, building, and riding bikes. I had 7 Peugeots. I would hand paint them with brushes, being careful to not paint over the decals. I painted them orange and cream. The only one I left original white was the P9 racer with all Campignola gear. I also had a Zeus made in Spain with all Campy gear. It was the lightest bike of my collection. There is no safe place to ride around here. The only bike I have now is a folding bike that has seven speeds. It fits in my storage bin on the bus.

I see that you used a song by Molly Hatchet. I opened up for them at a show in California. There is a story about it on my Music Central thread.

Glad to see you on board on this site. Rudy
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Thanks, everybody!

Yes, we're very lucky to be able to ride year around. Rudy, I've heard horror stories about Tenn., but surely there are places where you can ride off the beaten path? FWIW, I'm a Campy guy myself.

Anyway, new camera for Christmas, so having fun playing with all the capabilities it has.

Mark
splummer

Post by splummer »

mark bikes are cool i confwss its been many years since i have been on one,where we live its pretty hilly. years ago i used my daughters mongoose, , cant remember how many speeds but its many, i put on bout 25 miles , next day i was real sore, thats the last time on a bike
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Well heck, since you like bicycling stuff and some of you have cabin fever, pull up a chir and read THIS

It's a trip my then twelve year old son and I took on our bicycles. He turns 20 today, so it's been awhile ago.

Mark
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Mark, Thanks for posting your bicycle trip. You guys put in a lot of miles every day. I have never been on a long run, but in my youth, I did do 62 miles one day.

I know that your trip is something that you will always remember.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Here's another video from our cub ride yesterday. No background music this time, just the sounds from the wind. Still learning the ins and outs of shooting video from the bike with a cheap digital camera.

http://www.vimeo.com/8805569

I'm getting some good shots, I think, but I still have a lot of practicing to do.

Thanks for looking,

Mark