Music Central

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

William Biffwinkle

Post by William Biffwinkle »

"I have an aural exciter built into my SWR California Blonde amp."

I think maybe a lot of california blondes have that........specially when you talk about how much money you have.... :wink:

Sorry...just couldn't resist....
Granny

Post by Granny »

I have admitted I know nothing about music, which is absolutely true. My favorite song, however, is Irish Eyes. I would love to get a recording of that complete with vocals.
splummer

Post by splummer »

listened to towns earle last night , steve earles son , named after townes van zant , give him a listen ,
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Hey Rudy,

Do you know what you get when mix a "420 Bluegrass Festival" and a song like "Sweet Georgia Brown"?
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Hmmm. Let me see. Sweet Georgia Green?
Got love? Give love.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

You get some very cool music. This is one of my new favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ThSi1wbqU
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Chuck, that is a very cool video. It may have been posted earlier on on this thread. Glad you found it.
Got love? Give love.
Granny

Post by Granny »

Hey now, that is my kind of music. I spent many an early morning out driving tractor pulling a bailer. I always thought someone should record the "ka_chunk ka-chunk" sound of the bailer, and put it to music. Actually, a good running bailer is music enough to my ears. :lol:
Then, there is the wonderful "swish swish" sound of a good side delivery rake.
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Granny,
I sure know what you mean about those balers, and rakes. Two sounds that I have heard from birth that are unforgettable....
The first...at :25 seconds is the sound of the fan gearing in a 3 clylinder Caterpillar engine. That clanging takes me back to the beginning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4-Q9sC5R_o

The other sound I can't find on the internet yet, but its the sound that Mr. Lacey's John Deere Model A made while pulling a two bottom in spring before the leaves come on. He'd fuel it with distallate for plowing and it had a shuffling bellow that changed timbre when he turned at the end of the furrow. Lacey's lived across the section but you could here that A working on that distillate, a mile away.

I like the sound of this too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg4ozv5fQyM

DF
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A few years ago, I got this gig to play for THE yacht club. It was their Christmas gathering, which was held at a BIG hotel in Nashville. There were three musical acts that evening.
For some strange reason, I was to follow the Gypsy Hombre's (famous guys). They are every bit as good as Stephan Grappeli and Django Reinhardt in the Hot Jazz Trio.
After hearing them play, coupled with the fact that I only had one year of accordion playing under my belt, I went to Bill (who had booked the program),and said, What, are you Fuc***g nuts???? How am I supposed to follow THESE guys. Bill said, " Show Time".
Well, I put my strongest song forward. One of them was a tango.
I noticed that the Gypsy Hombres had sat down and were about to begin dining. Towards the end of my second song, I see that the trio all stand up together and leave the table, proceeding towards the stage. I figured, that they were going to do a few more songs. (I did find it strange that they should approach the stage at this point.)
I said to Peter Herka, the violinist, "Oh, you want to do some more songs?" Peter said yes. So, as I was leaving the stage, Peter said, where are you going? He said, "we want to play with you"!
I said OK. The first song we did was a tango in D minor. We did four songs together.
I was honored to play music with those guys. I think what really inspired Peter was that he also had a small accordion at home that he loved to play occasionally.
I told Bill, that, next year, I do not want to follow any famous people at those gigs.
Got love? Give love.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

I used to do a bit of freelance playing for other bands. One new years eve, I got a call from a band short of a bass player, asking if I was available for the night. I was, and duly went to the surf club where the gig was.

A couple of guys saw me getting my gear out of the car and asked if I was in the band. I said that yes I was. So they asked who else was in the band.

Well at that stage I hadn't met any of the other members, so replied that I didn't know. I'll leave it to your imagination as to the response. :D
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

Rudy ...
"I told Bill, that, next year, I do not want to follow any famous people at those gigs."\
... you ARE a famous person ... I'd be happy to play with, before or after you, anytime ... :wink:
Our band is playing this Saturday for Simla Days, a small town east of Colorado Springs from 6 to 10 PM ... gotta love those small towns ... wish you were here, I know you'd be the ice cream on the cake ...
GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Doug, You are too kind.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I posted this on another thread, but I thought I would post it here as well.

As some of you know, Saturday was my birthday, (July 17). In the morning I went to play at a tomato festival here in town at the Farmer's Market. I strolled around and even got a few people to play the right hand side of the accordion, while I played the left. There was much joy to be had by all. Here are some pics that were taken by the local newspaper.

And here is a bonus picture.

Got love? Give love.