Wild Turkeys

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Dennis, My friend said I could stay through the winter. I hope it can be longer. I do many things for him that really help him out. Also, it is good that I am watching the place. Perhaps, I can be here a while. I work for him to offset rent, and I pay him for electricity. I don't really think that he wants me to leave. Did you see the new forum category? I just posted my new crockpot meal. Rudy
BostonBB

staulking the wild turkey

Post by BostonBB »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Hey I got a turkey story, with photos, for you...

This first snapshot pretty ordinary, just our cat Marcus and view of our backyard...

So about 3 weeks ago my wife heard a little commotion and looked out and saw Marcus trying staulking some wild turkeys that had wondered into our yard.

She grabbed the camera and got quite a few photos. Here Marcus is getting a little braver...

The standoff:

There were only seven turkeys, so not as many as Rudy's flock, but still pretty cool to see in your backyard.

They are definitly wild, but probably a little more used to people than Rudy's flock. Even though we live in the city, there is a surprising amount wildlife around. We are about 8 miles from downtown Boston, we live a couple blocks south of the Stony Brook Reservation, which is a couple hundred acre wild area. (If you're curious, try this link http://www.mapquest.com/mq/9-_9ATamgeQQkIDcb6d2fl for an aerial view.)

Happy Thanksgiving to all Bus Dwellers everywhere.

BostonBluegrassBoy
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Boston, Those are some excellent pictures of the turkeys. Thank you for posting them. I wish I could get as close to the ones over here. What a treat to see your photos. Thanks for participating on these forums. It brings great joy to many people. I had a wonderful day. My friend, his wife and two daughters came to the bus and brought a LOT of food, most of which I have in the refrigerator now. We ate, then went to the pistol range area and had fun decimating a large watermelon and a dozen Gatorade bottles filled with water. Then we played some very fun card games that had us all laughing for hours. I usually spend all holidays by myself. By having company over today I must say that this is the most fun Thanksgiving that I have had in decades. Once again, thanks for joining us on Sharkey's site. Rudy