Flashlights

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Even though this is not really a flashlight, I think it deserves an honorable mention. This is a cool tool. Pull the trigger and it puts out a laser light. Wherever that light lands, you get a digital readout of the temperature of that surface. It will read up to 1000 degrees F. It was $75. I hope you have enjoyed the flashlight "show and tell". Next will be some cool small hand made art pieces. Thanks for viewing. Rudy

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

You saw the big blue Maglite flashlight that I converted to the three watt LED bulb. I thought that was a bright flashlight.

HA HA, let's move on to the latest and greatest. My brother sent me a big Maglite flashlight that puts my blue one to shame. It comes with 3 LED bulbs. It is a new innovation of their's. It is so bright that you can stick your hand a few inches in front of it and feel the heat.

It does not have the adjustable beam feature, but you don't need it. I always thought that that was a useless feature anyways. I always set mine on the spot light setting and left them there.

Here are some pictures of the new flashlight.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Looks like it takes 5 D-cells? I am very curious to find out how long the batteries last...looks like a great light!
Wherever I am...I am home.
dburt

Post by dburt »

With the LED bulbs, I would suppose the batteries would last longer??
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Generally, batteries, in an LED flashlight last much longer that the older style. My guess is four to five times longer.