The puzzler

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Artimus Gordon.

Robert Conrad.

Baa Baa Black Sheep.

What was the name of the plane they flew?
What was the name of the famous Marine that Robert Conrad played?
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Hey, a show I used to watch before school was "Stingray"....remember it?

This will jar your memory:

[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD96RQ1- ... elated[url][/url]
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
splummer

Post by splummer »

hmm most i cant remember, maybe they didnt come up here ,or i played alot out side, just cant remember
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Chuckles, Way to go on those answers about Robert Conrad. I don't remember the name of the plane he flew on Baa Baa Black Sheep. I almost remember the name of the person he portrayed. I guess I need help with those questions.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

OK. We need Wallfly to tell us what the compliment to Nancy Reagen was.

We need to find out what U.N.C.L.E signified.

Also the name of the plane that Robert Conrad flew on the show Baa Baa Black Sheep, and what was the name of the officer he portrayed. (That one is on the tip of my tongue).

So, here's another one. What did Ensign McHale use for a nickname for the captain who was the commanding officer of the base. For that matter, what was the captain's name? Was it Binghamton?

OH, Robert Conrad did some commercials for Duracell batteries for a little while. He used to place one of their batteries on his shoulder. There was a famous quote that he uttered whenever the camera panned to the Duracell battery on his shoulder.

What was the quote?

Hey, everyone, thanks for playing.
Got love? Give love.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I think that McHale called his commander "Lead-Bottom" or something like that?
As I was driving south today through Oregon I was thinking of Sky King, he was a rancher with airplanes that always saved the day. He had a daughter, what was her name?
Wherever I am...I am home.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Rudy wrote:Chuckles, Way to go on those answers about Robert Conrad. I don't remember the name of the plane he flew on Baa Baa Black Sheep. I almost remember the name of the person he portrayed. I guess I need help with those questions.
The plane was a Chance Vought F4U Corsair.

Robert Conrad portrayed Gregory (Pappy) Boyington.

In the show he had a bull terrier, what was the dog's name.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Bob wrote:I think that McHale called his commander "Lead-Bottom" or something like that?
As I was driving south today through Oregon I was thinking of Sky King, he was a rancher with airplanes that always saved the day. He had a daughter, what was her name?
We always just called her "The Rancher's Daughter" :D :D
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

Bob wrote:I think that McHale called his commander "Lead-Bottom" or something like that?
gotta love google!i could not remember ,so google :lol:
McHale's perpetually frustrated commander is Captain Wallace Burton Binghamton (Joe Flynn), known behind his back as "Old Leadbottom" (a nickname he received from a bullet wound to the posterior), who is constantly trying to get the goods on "McHale and his pirates." Binghamton often had dreams of military glory, but, in reality, he was a lot more inept than he thought he was. His job before the war was running a yacht club on Long Island Sound. Among his catchphrases were "What in the name of the Blue Pacific" or "What in the name of Nimitz (or Halsey)?" when he saw gambling or native dancing girls on McHale's island, and "What is it, what, what, what?!" Another one, when he was totally frustrated, was "I could just scream!" Binghamton's dream is to send McHale and his men to prison and he did come close on more than one occasion. Binghamton's enthusiastic assistant is the sycophantic Lieutenant Elroy Carpenter (Bob Hastings, a Bilko veteran), who, at times, is shown to be just as much of a bumbler as Parker. The one time Binghamton leads the PT-73 into battle, his only success is sinking an enemy truck on land—with a torpedo. He also once had McHale replace him as base commander so that he wouldn't have to face tough-as-nails Admiral "Iron Pants" Rafferty (Philip Ober) who was inspecting naval installations in the area (an episode that featured a young Raquel Welch). In a sequel movie, McHale's Navy Joins The Air Force, the only time Binghamton gets the better of the PT-73 crew is when he orders them to jump off a dock. Throughout the run of the series, characters are frequently shown saluting without a hat on and indoors. In contrast, in the actual United States Navy, personnel are not supposed to salute "uncovered" (without a hat on) nor "in the house" (indoors) unless "covered" and "under arms" (i.e., wearing headgear and carrying a weapon, typically a sidearm such as a pistol). Binghamton also mentions The Pentagon on more than one occasion. This would have been historically accurate because the series was set in 1943–44 and The Pentagon was ready for occupancy in 1942.[2]
Take a Child Camping and they will have fun
But take a child Campin,
And they will always cherish,
The memory!!!

Campin,Campin,Campin
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

I know i know thats cheating , just could not resit, besides Capt Binghampton was from ( da Island)
Take a Child Camping and they will have fun
But take a child Campin,
And they will always cherish,
The memory!!!

Campin,Campin,Campin
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yes..that is cheating as per the rules stated earlier in da thread (nice threads man) Google is out...we must only use "noodle" as in our own.
Wherever I am...I am home.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

It was Leadbottom.

I think Sky King's daughter's name was Peggy.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:
Rudy wrote:Chuckles, Way to go on those answers about Robert Conrad. I don't remember the name of the plane he flew on Baa Baa Black Sheep. I almost remember the name of the person he portrayed. I guess I need help with those questions.

I believe the dog's name was Eight Ball, most likely because of the markings around one of it's eyes.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Rudy wrote:OK. We need Wallfly to tell us what the compliment to Nancy Reagen was.

We need to find out what U.N.C.L.E signified.

Also the name of the plane that Robert Conrad flew on the show Baa Baa Black Sheep, and what was the name of the officer he portrayed. (That one is on the tip of my tongue).

So, here's another one. What did Ensign McHale use for a nickname for the captain who was the commanding officer of the base. For that matter, what was the captain's name? Was it Binghamton?

OH, Robert Conrad did some commercials for Duracell batteries for a little while. He used to place one of their batteries on his shoulder. There was a famous quote that he uttered whenever the camera panned to the Duracell battery on his shoulder.

What was the quote?

Hey, everyone, thanks for playing.

Just posting some current unanswered questions.
Got love? Give love.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Rudy wrote:
Jones'n4chrome wrote:

I believe the dog's name was Eight Ball, most likely because of the markings around one of it's eyes.
Rudy, I think you are correct on the dog's name. I couldn't remember, I started to wonder if he even had a name.

I was tempted to Google it, but I didn't want you to change the name of this thread to "The Googler" just because I was puzzled.

Chuck