HO!HO!HO! TO BUS AND TRUCK DWELLERS EVERYWHERE!

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

HO!HO!HO! TO BUS AND TRUCK DWELLERS EVERYWHERE!

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Well Gang

Here we are coming up on the end of another year. Boy, It was no walk in the park on this end :cry: but all is well here on the mobile home front :lol: I’m warm, dry, got tons of food stored up and the grand turtle is fed and is as happy as a turtle in a tank can be. I have a great kid that’s come a long way with me in the last 20 years and who has become one of my best friends. She really turned out to be a wonderful kind human being and I get complimented by the people who meet her all the time :) Over the years we have done very well financially at times and have been totally broke and not known what our next move was going to be but we shouldered through those times and we always bubbled back up to the surface to take life by the horns and give it another ride. I guess what im trying to say is that it’s been a while since I’ve been this broke but I must say, I’m a very wealthy man :wink: So MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D And may this coming year be a rise for all of us. This is a great forum, owned and run by a great guy and visited by some greatest quirky people I have ever come across. It doesn’t get any better then this :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Merry Christmas to you, Dennis. I sure hope that if you come to visit in my area, you bring your daughter with you. We'll go bowling. I went last week and had forgotten how much fun it is.

I am not an expert bowler, so don't feel intimidated.
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Couldn't have said it better myself, Dennis. This year would have had to get a WHOLE LOT better just to SUCK, but as long as my eyes still open in the morning there's always hope and opportunity.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining though, all my basic needs are met and more, and I'm forever grateful that I'm as well off as I am. It could ALWAYS be (and has been) worse!

Thanks for all your friendships, they are a blessing!

Merry Christmas to all, and may God bless us, everyone! (Thanks Tiny Tim!)
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

At the risk of jinxing myself, 2010 couldn't possible start off as badly or come close to maintaining the craptacular pace of 2009. I hope I never see another year like this one. It's bad enough to hit bottom, but to be dragged along the jagged rocks down there for most of the year is going to take a lot of healing.

Thanks to you forumites for putting up with my woes and complaints. Your words of encouragement were needed and appreciated.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Sharkey, My world is for shit as well. Sometimes I think that I just want it to end. I know, however, that I am a survivor, and I must endure. It is a great challenge.

My suggestion is to stock up on canned food and water.

As I have stated on these forums: To my mom: I envy you because you don't have long left to see how this this planet is going down the toilet.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Sorry about the gloom and doom from the last post. I love this website, and I maintain a positive outlook. I was just concurring with your outlook, Sharkey. The truth is out there.
GoodClue

My Turn ...

Post by GoodClue »

My Turn, My Turn ...
Woke up this Christmas Eve morning very happy ... fed the cat ... Gave the landlord in the big house 1/4 mile away a hug and a Christmas card, and headed down the hill to dinner with my 90 year old blessed mother and my ex ... she was feeling down so I invited her to our Christmas dinner.

Got to town, passed a self-serve car wash ... thought, this old truck is sooo muddy, I can't pick up Mom in it ... turned around. pulled into the car wash and hopped out, put 2 bucks into the machine ...

... I proceeded to do an unexpected ballet routine on a solid sheet of ice ... cracked the back of my head against the wall as I pirouetted down, twisting my leg, throwing my glasses against the ground ... and slid to a very undignified position underneath the truck ...
DAMN ... I DIDN"T NEED THIS ... I exclaimed to ... EVERYONE ... pulled myself from under the truck, found my glasses .. shattered ...
I proceeded to wash the truck ... don't waste water or 2 bucks ...

Drove to my mothers, called till I found a one hour eyeglass place ... miles away in a huge mall ... had 20 minutes to get there, paid $79 for an eye exam, $245 for the glasses ... sat there watching people pass by fractured by my busted glasses into halos ... got my new plastic glasses in an hour and drove back to Mom's ...

I had been thinking as I drove down the hill ... be conscious, be kind ...

I'm still thinking, be conscious, be kind, looking at the world through a new pair of glasses which I was blessed to have the money in my debit account to pay for ... The optician said my eyes were very good and healthy, a blessing, especially considering having had metal removed from my eyes twice in the field from a laborer swinging a grinder across my face as I lifted my hood ... a blessing for my age, she said ...

So I picked up Mom and my ex, had a great dinner, gave my ex 4 Hawaiian quilting books, which she loved ... my Mom, books on All The Women Of The Bible and interesting facts on the Bible ... which she loved ...
I took everyone home, took a nice long shower at Mom's ... wished her all the best for the holidays and headed back up the hill to my bus and the cat ... now with a terrible limp which I'll coat with Tiger Balm tonight ...

And I still know I'm exceedingly blessed ... I love my bus, and the cat, and Mom ... even a twinge for my ex ...
And have a great place to moan and groan and cheer and share everyone's experience ... Sharkey's ...

Thank you all ... we've almost made it through another challenging, exciting and unexpected year ...
I'll re-insert the image I put on the guest book thread ...

Believe me I'm not religious ... but I'm praying for all of us ...
Doug
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Thanks Doug, I hope you feel better soon.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Chuck
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Doug, Bob and I would call twisting around and falling down... doing circus tricks. You and I are too old for circus tricks. So don't do that! Sorry about your glasses. I recently got some from the V.A. hospital, but I can't even wear them. They are bifocals and they make me dizzy to wear them. I get by with $20 reading glasses from the grocery store.

I hope you have good heat in your bus. Tonight it is raining and it is 54 degrees outside. At least I don't have to use the propane.

Merry Christmas to you and your cat. That is a beautiful card you posted. Rudy
Wayne Bus

Post by Wayne Bus »

Great outlook...as Willy Nelson says, "on tha road again..." :wink:
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Yah know why I loves my Moma? Cuz she buys me guy gifts :D Checkit out
and she even told me how much she paid for them so I would buy more when I run out. $1.29 for a box of 4. Yah Baby 8) The only down of cookin is washing the pots and leave it Moma to hook me up :D I loves Da Moma
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.