Hellooooo?

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Hellooooo?

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hey! Where did everyone go? Hellooooo? :roll:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
GoodClue

Helloooo back to you ... and rockhounding ...

Post by GoodClue »

Hello DTBD ...
Looks like I've just missed you online ...
One of those nights ... looking for pop filters online for microphones ... keep the noises down ... actually hoping Rudy or Bob would be online, looking for the best filter for Ss ... seem to have a lot of S whistle when I record ...
Maybe they'll see this post and respond.
I've gone to the chat room with no luck ... but will continue to check it when I can.
Would be good if you could travel this spring ... you're more than welcome if you stop by. I was looking for your friends who'd just got into bussing earlier this year but never heard whether they got on the road or not.
Going to be an interesting year, for all of us, no doubt.
My Okinawin friend called the other day, lives about 100 miles away, but she's wanting to do some prospecting, rock hounding this year. I'm up for it ... been checking areas through the web ... Cash & Treasure sites ... even has an overlay for Google Maps locating different places to do some digging ... would be great fun and exercise, both of which I sorely need.
Doug
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Visitors.

Holidays.

Chores.

I stopped in Chat the night before last for a while but didn't attract anyone's attention. It will probably help when the Chat shows up in the menu so users can see that there is someone to talk to while they are cruising other posts.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hmm, They got some hell of a nerve hanging out with there real friends :lol: Doug, Those folks did go on a 6 weeks road trip and were so much better off when they got back. Now there back to the grind but there little rig ran like a champ. They did fill it up with gas once but that was the only mishap on the whole trip. I don't know if im going to be able to hit the road this coming year but after this past year I need to get away for a while for sure.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Howdy Hi, I have been busy as well. Last night I started making an art piece that involves forging metals. It is a 6 inch flying saucer. I am in training. I did a lot of parts in this project, but did not do the mig welding. We may get it done today. I will take photos. I really enjoy heating the steel until it is red hot and then hammering it into shape. If I am not in the shop tonight, I will go to the chat room.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Doug, I bought a Samson pop filter. It was $25 and is good quality. It clamps to the mic stand. Samson makes very good gear at an inexpensive price. I have two C01 large diaphragm that were under a hundred dollars each, and they rival microphones that cost much more than that.

I know that I am scheduled to take photos of my recording gear. That will be a fun project. Coming soon. Rudy
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hey all! I have been pretty busy since being in Quartzsite..Monday and Wednesday nights are pool tournaments and it looks like I am going to have another "work" day on Sundays with an added 9-ball tournament which is nice cause the $ isnt too bad. The music stage and tent should be up in a few days also...so lots of music then!
Tonight I am going to a Hockey game in Phoenix with some friends that I met in a wall*mart parking lot while camping. They live on a houseboat in Canada and are a lot of fun! I havent done the chat thing yet but as soon as I am free at the right time I plan on it and look forward to "talking" with everyone here!
Best wishes to everyone for a great new year!
Wherever I am...I am home.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I cant seem to find the chat feature, where is it hidden at?
Wherever I am...I am home.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Due to visitors, holidays, and chores, I haven't had time to make the Chat feature more obvious on each page. You can find the entry at the bottom of the forum main page in the category named "Who is Online?". There is a list of users who are using the chat and if you are logged in, a link to join the chat which opens in a popup window.