Spring Projects!

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Granny

Spring Projects!

Post by Granny »

As you all know, my spring project is :cry: "Moving". This next weekend, my load to Boise is my tractor. I just got it loaded on the trailer I brought back last weekend. On the positive side, the tractor fired right up this go around, with heavy duty jumper cables. After it ran a few minutes, and I didn't have enough fuel in it to make it up onto the trailer, it died. So, I added more fuel, and it cranked right up on the first crank. :P :) I was really excited about that. Then, after getting it on up onto the trailer (I pulled it up too far), I had to restart it again to back it up a little, 2nd try and it fired right up that time. I also got my cultivator? (I call it a ripper), and my blade loaded. My little disc is attached to the tractor, so loaded with it. I am fairly well set for this next load to go.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

OK Ginger, I want those magic coveralls. :D

Chuck
Granny

Post by Granny »

Well you know how it is Chuck, you always see the "mechanics" in coveralls. I'm not a mechanic, I have made that clear. I put on a pair of coveralls though, and the tractor starts. It must be that the coveralls are magic.
(For those of you that think you are missing part of this, you are. This morning in chat, I said I had on my coveralls waiting to go out and start the tractor).
William Biffwinkle

Post by William Biffwinkle »

hey you guys...everytime I hop on to chat no one is there.... :(
You cannot make a sow's ear out of a silk purse either.....but has anyone really tried to do both?

now heer in biffwinkleville we make deep fried DEEserts outa sows ears......an thayr ain't nuthin' stoopider lookin' than'n earless pig....
splummer

Post by splummer »

now that the good weather is upon us ,there seems to be a lot of things going on around here , my friend should be here tomorrow and we will start making flutes ,not sure , what iam doing but will learn . i sent rudy a pic of a flute that he made if any one is interested , then its garden time and it seems the garden gets bigger every year plus we will be doing a lot of fairs this year .plus my full time job. so thats whats happening here
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
dburt

Post by dburt »

Granny brought me her tractor to work on- and I saw her hand crank it to start it- one turn and it fired right off! Don't let Granny fool you, she is no slouch when it come to mechanical savy and "get 'er done" approach, when she gets her hands dirty, it's because she gets something done besides just playing with dirt :!:
She would've made the perfect frontier wife in the early 1800's!

I feel blessed to have met her finally!
Granny

Post by Granny »

DB,
Thank you for the wonderfully kind words. (Really I don't know that much about mechanics, I just try to use a common sense approach, and then fake it a lot). But yes, I have always said myself, I was born about 200 years too late. :shock:
And, I was the one honored to get to meet you. I said it somewhere else, what you are doing with that old trailer of yours is truely amazing. Just to let you know, I have an old manure spreader that is a match to that one of yours.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here are a bunch of pics of my third project using the metal forge (oven). This is a letter opener that I made for my dad's birthday. You may remember the flying saucer I made for myself, and the spoon I made for my mom from the Winter Projects thread.
This letter opener started out as a 16 inch piece of 3/8 steel rod. First, I heated up the ends and tapered them with a hammer on the anvil. Then, I heated up one end and bent the R shape. Then I heated up the other end and hammered a basic knife edge which I ground to sharpness. Then I used some knife sharpening steels to finalize the edge.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Some more pics of the letter opener.

Got love? Give love.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Having access to that forge is really sweet Rudy, you lucky gut! :lol:

You could make a coat/hat rack for your bus!

Or a spice rack, or a cooking pot hanger. . . . .
Granny

Post by Granny »

Here is a photo of some of the tools I recently acquired for using to do the inside of my bus. (This deck is outside my bedroom - that is my sliding glass door out of my bedroom. About 6 years ago, there was a Bear that came visiting and got on this very deck - yes, a real live Black Bear).

Here is a gate (while under construction) that I just finished. It is in the process of being painted. The rain today held up that process.

Last edited by Granny on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Ginger,

You sure have been busy lately.
I like the tools and the gate, but I really like how you posted your own pics.
Good job on all.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Ginger, the radial arm saw looks to be in good condition. They are very versatile. Get some metal cutting blades for that jig saw, and use it instead of a hack saw. Great score on those tool.
Perfect size on the photos you posted. I am happy for you. I knew you could do it.
We are all looking forward to the building of your bus. Some day you will get a mig welder. You will LOVE how those work.
Keep on Bussin'
Got love? Give love.
Granny

Post by Granny »

I'm adding a picture of a "cow", I didn't make this cow, but thought some might like seeing it. The picture isn't so good, sorry.

Here is a picture of a plant hanger I built several years ago. This has been packed away and is really dusty.

Granny

Post by Granny »

Ok, I know with spring here, we are all busy working on things and have less time. However, how about sharing some of your spring projects here! We all like looking to see what is new, keeping up with what others are doing, and so forth. It would be nice to see a few of the projects that others are working on. :)