Destroylet

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Destroylet

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hi folks

Have any of you folks ever installed a Destroylet propane toilet in one of you rolling homes? Im thinking about it. There about $3000.00 but dumping the black tank can be a real pain some times. I havent done muck on the Buffalo latly but im working a lot and buying everything I need to build a nice bus/home for my self soon.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

No direct experience here, but I can say that the concept has been around for a long time. I remember reading about it back in '74 when I began building the Housetruck At that time, the system used a macerator pump to shred everything, and then it fed the effluent to the engine compartment of the vehicle (through a "leak proof" disconnect fitting in the case of a trailer) to be injected in small quantities into the exhaust manifold, where it would be vaproized (hopefully).

There have been electric versions as well. The whole concept seems a bit heavy-handed to me, and the potential for dealing with a huge "yuck factor" in the event of mechanical equipment failure would keep me away.

Several folks I've heard from have had good success with a small composting system on a bus, but then I tend to lean towards the less energy intensive solutions whenever possible.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Destroylet

Hi again folks

Ive been talking to the Destroylet guy and he tells me that he is about to market a diesel unit by the turn of the year. I think it would be better for me but he can't seem to tell me how much fuil it uses per burn time. So im waiting on him to get back to me about that and I'll see about it. It's $2700.00
Peace along the way
captainkf

Toilet

Post by captainkf »

$2700.00 for a toilet? :shock: :shock: :D :shock:

You must really hate dealing with your black tank. It seems to me that it isn't that bad, even when everything bad happens. I can think of a few places where that kind of cash might be put to better use in a conversion. So many conversions never get completed because people don't budget properly. It will cost you much more than even the closest budget will reflect.

-Richard
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Destroylet

Hi Richard and gang

It really isn't about me not liking to deal with the black tank ( 100 Gals. ) I just found out some things about living in a bus/home over the last coming up on 4 years and the black tank is the biggest problem. the gray tank could be dump on the side of the road in a pinch if you have no coice but you can not dump the black tank just anywhere so these Destroylet's are great for that. They are costly but I do pretty well and have no bills to pay to speak of.
Peace along the way