i guess im qualified

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

freezerburn

i guess im qualified

Post by freezerburn »

well as no one else is posting anything at the moment i guess ill say a few things about a bus i made a living w/ and lived in from 1994-1996 or so. it was a 74 chev/superior, about 29 foot and i painted 'night train blue' with a satin finish. i bought it for 1200$ in jerome idaho after buying the one way ticket from boise, you might say i was determined...i had never trimmed a tree or new what the hay i was doing but i knew that buses were built like a brick you know what and it would haul some serious lbs so that was the beginning of my adventure. the bus ran great and i didnt want to work for anyone so i bought an axe and old crosscut saw and got a decent bicycle and a clip board and a nice shirt and rode around boise knocking on doors. i made a killing trimming yards up and got pretty good at it too they say. a funny story about the paint job was i got a ticket (not the funny part) for the yellow color and i went to court and the judge said i had to paint it and send him a picture and so i painted one side and took the picture and sent it off... it stayed that way quite a while too. anyways, well the motor died none day and i overhauled it myself a 366 industrial gasser and boy it was a straight forward build in a friends yard up near ketchum. i went all over in that thing and did nothing but make money with it- moved some guys furniture from boise to sandpoint, tree trimming shoved foliage etc into rear door: ( i put a wall in stradling the rear wheel wells to separate house from trimmins area) and made alot of people happy at the same time. scared a few too i guess...once i got work with my nice shirt and stupid clip board i would wizz in there next day but until i had established a name for myself (the treeguy) folks didnt know what to think so sometimes i had to show them... one particular morning i was doing a removal (unfortunately) and the folks kept gawkin out the dam window when i was trying to do my work so i climbed up the spruce about 25- 30 feet and cut all the branches off around the trunk for about 5 or so feet up there then i sat down and made coffe on my coleman for about an hour and i could tell they thought i was nuts or some thing but i was pissed and didnt care... they were gawkin real good by then and i stood up and walked over to their little yard gate and opened it and walked back to the tree and cut it down through the open gate and the bald part of the tree fell right where i planned and that curtain they were looking out of just kind of eased back where it should have been to start with... yeah, i miss hat old bus- all the hot springs i went to, folks i met, swimming holes, country roads and all that. i ended up selling it to a school teacher in san diego who was gonna put fold up wings on it and use it to interest kids in space programs or somethin, as i wonder if he did it i realize that with buses you arent limited by anything and i expect he did just that -regards, john
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Great post! Got any pictures of it? Thanks for sharing!
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
freezerburn

unfortunately...

Post by freezerburn »

well i hate to say it but all the hundred pics or so i had at all diferent stages were left outside in a box unknowingly by my dad couple years ago...but i have my eye out for a new prospect that ill share immediately with all if anything materializes regards, john
Griff
~(G)Q

Re: unfortunately...

Post by Griff »

freezerburn wrote:well i hate to say it but all the hundred pics or so i had at all diferent stages were left outside in a box unknowingly by my dad couple years ago...
:cry:
freezerburn wrote:. . .but i have my eye out for a new prospect that ill share immediately with all if anything materializes regards, john
:)
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
captainkf

Post by captainkf »

Thanks for sharing.

-RIchard