1973 Blue Bird

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Wow, there is a lot going on here, with all this work and stuff. I'm gonna take a break and tell you of a funny incident.

To begin with, it was my dad who was always the disciplinarion in the family. The rules were clear, even for my mom. It was very rare that she ever raised her voice, much less, that she actually scolded either my brother or me.

There was this one day, however, that I happened to walk in the kitchen and saw an opportunity to have a little fun (at my brother's expense).

I was amazed to see my mom pointing at my brother, Phil, and actually screaming at him vehemently. It was so uncharacteristic of her.

Well, Phil saw me enter. He had a look of terror on his face. I was to the back of my mom, so she did not know that I had entered the kitchen.

It just so happens that I had been presently eating a bag of Cheetos. So, I got this great idea!

I'll hide behind my mom (who still doesn't see me) and stick two Cheetos in my nostrils, and two of them out of my ears. It wasn't as easy as it sounds to put them things there.

All right, so now I wait for the perfect moment, when my brother is at the height of his terror, and I pop up to look at him, with the adornments in my orifices.

What does he do? He bursts out laughing!!! Boy, that pissed my mother off!!! He points at me and says, it was HIM! Of course, I was very adept at removing the Cheetos, and just stood there eating them with a completely innocent face.
Last edited by Rudy on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Booger and ear wax flavored Cheetos, Yum!

What about the awning on that Dodge, are you going to yank that thing off for your bus before Leon scores?
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

That is just so funny, Sharkey. What was I to do? I had to act quickly. Oh yes, I sold the awning. It has been removed. It did not fit the bus because of the curved roof.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

OK, so I am really out of pictures. Really!

Maybe, you would like to hear another story? Oh! You would? Great. Here it is.

It is similar to the air vent story, but this time I am underground in the drainage vents from the street. I had this crazy idea of getting some "hip boots" (like the fly fisherman wear). I had a special plan for those boots.

I had found a way into the many concrete ducts that make up the rain drain system. Naturally, I begin to explore. I notice manhole areas perhaps 150 feet apart. What's really cool, when you are in a 150 foot concrete tunnel, is to yell, and then listen to the natural echo and reverb from the response.

Getting back to my plan, I went to several manhole covers and tried to lift a few. Some were lighter than others. I found one that was way too heavy for someone to lift (from the outside) without proper tools.

Then I waited for people to walk by that manhole. I must say, at this point, I did get some pretty good views out of those little holes in the manhole cover.

Now, the fun starts. People walk by, and I yell out to them. Of course, 90% of the people never figured out where the sound was coming from. It is the other 10% of people that make this story fun.

They were the ones who realized that someone was under that manhole cover. Most of them laughed at the whole preposterousness of it all. There was one guy, however, that really sticks out, in my mind.

That was the guy who decided that I shouldn't be having that much fun and began to give me a hard time and threatening to call the police. Well, his tauntings brought on mine.

I said everything I could to get this guy angry. What REALLY pissed him off was when he stuck his fingers in the holes, trying to lift the cover. That was because I kept hitting his hands with a stick.

Keep in mind, that this is in broad daylight. So, after exchanging a few more unpleasantries, he does what (I thought) was the perfect retaliation.

YES, FOLKS, he whips it out and pees in the manhole cover holes. I am sure that he was very frustrated at that point, especially since all I had to do was move a few feet to avoid the "golden shower".
Last edited by Rudy on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Well, enough of those crazy stories. Two days from now, we will be running propane lines for the heaters I am installing. You'll get to see the underneath of the bus as well as where the propane lines end up, and the installation of the heaters.

Should any of you viewers of this forum have any questions, please reply to the posts. I will be glad to answer any of your questions, and take more photos to help explain things. Thanks for viewing. Rudy
Last edited by Rudy on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Way back in the early part of this thread I asked if anyone knew of a free web site to share music that they have created.

Tonight I found one that will let you list/share four songs for free, or 35 songs for a fee.

Since I am cheap and wanted free, I set up a free account. The sound quality sounds reasonable. Here is a link to my account. http://www.purevolume.com/KeltwegianKiwi

I'd be interested in hearing some of your stuff Rudy, especially some accordion stuff. Do you want to set up an account to share a couple of tunes?
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Thanks, Stuart. That is valuable information. I will check it out. My email address is rootseller333@gmail.com Write to me and I will be glad to send you CDs of my music.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Yay, I got some pictures today of the Dodge going Bye Bye. Leon and a friend came to pick it up, (literally). Here are the pics.

It had no wheels or tires on the back. I mentioned this to Leon, and he said "don't worry about it".
Last edited by Rudy on Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Lucky there were two little metal wheels on the bottom of the back bumper. That was the only thing that kept the plastic gasoline tanks from getting crushed.

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

OK, Here are the rest of the pictures. You should have seen this (circus act).

The Dodge stuck out 10 feet behind the end of the truck bed. The back wheels (drums) barely fit on the bed of the truck.

When Leon and his buddy left, Shawn and I watched that Dodge sway from side to side, while it was sitting on that truck bed. He suggested following them guys to make sure that it didn't fall off. I said that there was nothing that we could do, if it did. I never want to see that thing again. Bye Bye! That's Leon in this pic.

There it goes, leaving the parking lot. This event was one of the highlights of my day. I asked Leon what he could make off this metal heap and he said $600. That was so cool. I was really glad for him. To me, it was just something I needed to get rid of.
Last edited by Rudy on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Today, the propane tubing was run, and the three catalytic heaters were installed. Shawn did all of the work today, as I was busy finishing the Volvo thread.
This first pic is of the back of the fridge, where we had to install a 3/8 male tee to tap into the propane line to feed the bedroom heater.

Last edited by Rudy on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Shawn went to Home Depot today to get some parts, and decided to buy this nice tubing bender. I am glad we had it for today's project, but it is a tool that I will not use for a long time now. Here is what it looks like. It was $12.

Last edited by Rudy on Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here is one of the heaters installed on one of the kitchen cabinet doors. Yes, it can still open, a little.

Last edited by Rudy on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here's a heater at the foot of the bed. Dig the exposed copper tubing! I could hang a towel on it. That was the only way we could run the feed to the heater. I kept the same design element on the front room heater as well.

Last edited by Rudy on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

This is a view of both the bedroom heater and the kitchen heater.