post a pic

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

peter frost wrote:interior at one point..hmmm I wonder if I can do an album this way?
instead of one at a time....
interior

Hi Peter,
Very nice truck. I like it. Is that a later model Chevy chassis?
You can add several pics to each post, and text in between each pic if you want to.
If you want to change the size of the photo's to 640x480 just click on the "edit" button at the top right of each post.

Does anyone know if 640x480 can be set as a default on Tinypic?
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Chuck, the default on tinyPic is the original size of the photo. You have to go to the resize button and click on 640X480 BEFORE you upload.
Got love? Give love.
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

that's the curtain in the window to the cab,
let's try this size
and just for the fun of it I'll try 2

and I feel a little like I sold old because I have a actual house and land now, the house truck has become a holo holo OFF ICE (office) and it still need all the stained glass wondows and furnishings to complete it.
The truck I run daily and its a 85 gmc 4x4 frame under the 32 chev, wait till ya see the Z bar steering column, when I do the "project pics"
down to the spagetti wiring process...lol
On the back of the truck is usually 2 or 3 great dane/ english mastiffs.

and two things I learned the summer/winter of 72' (-11 below) that I'd not use the original engine ever again and I needed to be where it warm all year because I don't like the cold. Finally I got all those things you dream of. Manifesting works really well in paradise.
Like I just picked up a woodshop from an old man retiring after 50 years at auction for like 8k
all his good stuff, lathe, table saw, molding shaper, etc. etc.
Last edited by peter frost on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

forgot one of the pups
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Peter, When you post such large photos, we have to scroll back and forth to be able to read the words that you write.

I am glad that you got the hang of posting pics. We are all looking forward to seeing more.

You can always go back and edit your posts. Erase the existing large photos. Go back to your photo folders and re-upload them after you re-size them in TinyPic to 640X480. It makes it easier to read the words.

I am excited about seeing more photos. Welcome to the family. Rudy
Got love? Give love.
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

I feel like the prodigal son because my first was in 72' in Eugene,, the second in the Rockies in Colorado then the 3 one up in Idaho. Then other things for a couple decades then the 4th one over here I started a decade ago, it's all a progression,lol.
The davantages of ADHD is two dozen projects going on at once, on that note back to my nine puppies. Talk at you guys laters, aloha
splummer

Post by splummer »

i enjoyed your pics peter , and nice truck,so thats the symtons o adhd :D
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Great pic's and great workmenship
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

LOVE the truck.. fabulous .

The pups are pretty cool too .. :)
58 Bedford House
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

bear with me I'm still learning this site
and remembering to down size each shot before I take it to tinypic is tedious, I'm not on dialup any more but DSL has it's limits too.
I suppose at some time I'll start loading them cronologically. Is there a limit on how many pictures can be loaded?
Will we always have access to them?
Like when you have 32 million users,(post apocolyptic) you won't start charging.lol
You heard the rounor about FB charging.
Let's try this size.
The blue coal oil burning heater is like the one that kept me alive the winter of 72', that and the down sleeping bag. Jeese this site is gonna raise up some old memories.
The difference between then and now are 100 fold. As in the "house" is one of 100 projects these days not "the" project.

see if I can find that wiring diagram.....

it also helps to have a millwright for your welding and a Ferrari mechanic for wiring..

follow the steering column from inside the frame to outside....
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Rudy and all;

I believe that once you resize on tinypic, it will resize here. That's the way photobucket works, anyway. The picture you are posting isn't hosted here, so whatever size you have it on the hosting site is what will display here. No need to delete and repost. Sometimes it takes awhile for it to change on this site, but it will.

Mark
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Yes, once you resize on TinyPic, the resized photo appears as that size on this forum. The (message board 640X480) size is just right for the forum.
There is no limit to the amount of photos you want to post.
Once you have uploaded the resized photo to Tinypic, wait until you receive the http code under the category "IMG Codes For Forums And Message Boards" Copy and paste that code to where you are replying to a post.
The code will appear. Once you finish your post, and you press either preview or submit, you will then see the photo. Remember that 640X480 is the right size. Not too big, not too small.
Peter, you can always edit your posts. press "edit" at the top right of your post. If you want to remove a photo, delete the http code. If you want to add a photo, use the procedure above and paste the new (or resized) photo in your post.
Got love? Give love.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Rudy wrote:Yes, once you resize on TinyPic, the resized photo appears as that size on this forum. The (message board 640X480) size is just right for the forum.
There is no limit to the amount of photos you want to post.
Once you have uploaded the resized photo to Tinypic, wait until you receive the http code under the category "IMG Codes For Forums And Message Boards" Copy and paste that code to where you are replying to a post.
The code will appear. Once you finish your post, and you press either preview or submit, you will then see the photo. Remember that 640X480 is the right size. Not too big, not too small.
Peter, you can always edit your posts. press "edit" at the top right of your post. If you want to remove a photo, delete the http code. If you want to add a photo, use the procedure above and paste the new (or resized) photo in your post.
Rudy,

I think you’re working way too hard. I don’t want to say absolutely with tinypics, because I don’t know…. However, with photobucket, which I use, if you resize the picture on photobucket, that is the size that displays on this website. The reason being is you are posting a direct link to photobucket. So, deleting the code and reinserting is redundant; you don’t need to do it. I’m willing to bet that it’s the same way with tinypics.

Mark
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Mark, I am glad that you have a working knowledge of this photo posting as well. I only know what I have used for my postings. I am sure there are many ways to do it. I often get stuck with methods that may not be the easiest. Thanks for helping out.
Got love? Give love.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Here'the proof in the pudding:

http://www.mrsharkey.com/forum/vwtp.php?t=1174

All I did was resize the picture in photobucket, log out of this website and back in and BOOM! Resized.

Mark