Field to Freeway

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

peter frost

Field to Freeway

Post by peter frost »

I was actually on I-80 when I spotted it, my 5th of this vintage, the silloette I can spot 5 miles away. 28-32 are my years. Can't get away from those running boards and those big fenders and the big headlamps.
This one in Montana I got from a cowboy for $250.
I paid him on the spot and said I'd come back for it. When I did he asked me. "I coulda said $500. and you woudda said yep, just as fast huh?"
"You coulda said a grand, and I would have yes as easy as I did the two fifty." Since he had previously been paid I gave him a Jackson and told him to go celebrate at the bar on me, cause now his field is clear.
I still know where some of these lie in case I ever get back to the mainland.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

You have great eyes! I-80 doesn't come anywhere near Montana! Maybe I-90?

Mark
peter frost

Post by peter frost »

been almost 20 years could be !-90, now you got me wonderin hold on...

yep you's right I-90 between Butte and Missoula actually.

Used to cross I-80 mostly that goes thru Colo. hey it's been awhile since I've been out there on them there freeways. I think the highest speed limit in this state is 55. And we don't have any freeways here on the BI.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

peter frost wrote:been almost 20 years could be !-90, now you got me wonderin hold on...

yep you's right I-90 between Butte and Missoula actually.

Used to cross I-80 mostly that goes thru Colo. hey it's been awhile since I've been out there on them there freeways. I think the highest speed limit in this state is 55. And we don't have any freeways here on the BI.
80 cuts through Wyoming and Nebraska. 70 goes through Colorado and Kansas. 80 is the preferred route for me, much easier crossing the rockies on 80 than the 70 through Colorado. The trade-off is; Colorado is prettier than Wyoming.

Mark
Wayne Bus

Post by Wayne Bus »

I collect vintage thunderbirds, 1958-1971...I have your same ability, stange to be able to do that, spot a few inches of a car in buried field brush, and at great distance, quess what it is, drive up, be right, knock on the door, have had them GIVE me the car(s) ! ...to get it gone...nothing like it.