New Life!

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

dburt

Post by dburt »

Granny- sorry for the mis-information on the tire size! :( I was remembering another bus I had looked at and made a mental note about the tire size. However, it appears that I filed the information in the wrong drawer up in the old noggin! :roll:

Hope you made it home ok, will look forward to the pics of the trip!
dburt

Post by dburt »

Ok Granny- did you make it home ok? We are waiting for a report! :)
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

12X22.5 is approximately the same size as 11.00X20.

11X22.5 is approximately the same size as 10.00X20.

10X22.5 is approximately the same size as 9.00X20.

Which is why, if you have 9.00X20 tires on Budd wheels you can upgrade to 12X22.5 tires and get to a considerably higher top speed before you tach out.
dburt

Post by dburt »

I was just down in Homedale, Idaho this morning and I see that New Life has not left the school district office parking lot yet, so Granny must still be on her way over to SW Idaho to pick up her prize! :o
Last edited by dburt on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoodClue

Ginger's bus ...

Post by GoodClue »

Hello Dburt ...
Keep us posted on Ginger and her bus ... we're all excited for her ... :!:

GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."
Granny

Post by Granny »

Hi, I am home with New Life. We just got in this morning. I couldn't pick up the bus till after the school board meeting Monday night. So, it was Tuesday morning before I could get to Homedale to get the bus, had to go back to Boise and take the seats out (my insurance required that). We didn't get out of Boise till after 8pm last night, too tired to drive it straight through. Yes, I already spent the night in her (at several different locations along the road). We hit snow at Dayville, and had it most the rest the way home. I am tired, so will update more later.
Oh, DB, I think I might have driven past your house Sunday evening on my round-about way into Boise. I was pulling my utility trailer loaded and couldn't hardly go over 45, so had to avoid the freeway all the way in. I went through Wilder, Marsing, Greenleaf (not in that order necessarily - just some of the names I remember), and several other little towns.
splummer

Post by splummer »

nice. welcome home, cant wait to see your pics
dburt

Post by dburt »

Glad to hear you made it ok! I don't suppose snow is much fun when you have to herd a new bus thru it- but you have lots of experience doing that!
Our Idaho property is just north of Parma, on hiway 95 which is about 10 miles north of Wilder. Where did you leave the seats at in Boise? Taking seats out is not much fun, I have done it twice.
Granny

Post by Granny »

DB, yes I also went through Parma I do believe, on my way to Boise. I'll have to check on that.
The seats were left at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Boise. After being told that the tires were almost brand new on my bus, I got there to find out the back tires just have enough traction to be "street legal" still. And, after all my concern to find out the tire size for chains, the chains were left in the bus. I was glad I had them, but didn't have to put them on.
My biggest obstacle on the drive home was I need to figure out what I can do with the driver's seat. I wasn't able to lower it, as it is "bolted" at it's current height. That height leaves my feet dangling, I was getting leg cramps reaching for the throttle with my toes barely touching it. So, at Ontario, my daughter found me a chunk of 2x4 that we taped to the throttle pedal. At least I was able to reach a little better, and we pushed on through. I wasn't able to get any photos of the trip home, as it was the middle of the night and pitch black. We finally pulled in here at home at 8am this morning, and my daughter just left to head to her home in Portland.
New Life drives like a champ, runs great, and herded down the road just fine.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Pics of Granny's bus. The first one is of her showing how happy she is about getting the bus.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

More pics of the Ford bus with diesel motor. Notice the old cabover Ford truck in the rear.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Removing seats with the help of her daughter.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

The driver's seat. How do you lower this confounded thing, or maybe move it forward.

Got love? Give love.
Granny

Post by Granny »

I will now (Thanks Rudy for posting these for me) go back through and give a little description. The first one of me by the bus - well, I was fresh out of the shower, loading my stuff on, hadn't combed my hair yet, and was getting the goat heads pulled out of "my" shoes. I just threw on some shoes to finish loading for the road, and my Aunt caught me for a picture beside the bus. The next several, of the outside of the bus, were taken for the insurance co., they actually were taken a couple hours earlier. The inside of the bus was taken for the insurance also, to show the seats were out. Yes, the person inside the bus is my daughter, not me.
So that you all know, my "stop" sign will be off today. I have half those screws out already. The two rows of metal stripping on the sides of the walk isle inside, will be out today, and the top lights will get covered. I need to take my bus to town to the insurance co. for their inspection (road trip).
dburt

Post by dburt »

Granny- you look like a "happy camper" fer shure! :lol: