Winter In Quartzsite

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Winter In Quartzsite

Post by Rudy »

Every winter, many thousands of fulltime RVers come to Quartzsite, Arizona to spend several months. There are many housebuses and housetrucks. For $180, you get a 6 month pass. There are trucks that deliver potable water and truck that dump your holding tanks. 95% of the RVs have to make their own electricity. Hence, a lot of solar panels. The temperature averages 70 during the day and 40 at night. Buses and Housetrucks are spread over the Arizona desert.
Bob is there and sent me some photos.

Last edited by Rudy on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

There are towns nearby. There are also food vendors where the RVs are parked. The food vendors have electricity. Bob has parked his 1989 Hawkins next to the food vendors court and gets electricity because he plays guitar though his sound system and attracts people to the food vendors. It's a nice arrangement.In this photo, you'll see his motorhome (maroon and white) and the tent that he sets up his music in.

Last edited by Rudy on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

There is going to be a bus convention in a few days. We can all look forward to many bus photos.
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

i like the red santa truck, looks cool
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

dadeo wrote:i like the red santa truck, looks cool
Yep and I bet that little red car came right out of that door on the back. How cool is that?

Mark
Bob

Post by Bob »

That car does come out of the garage! One thing I miss, living on the road, is having a garage to keep my cool crap in....junk to others..but gold to myself....now that i think about it its one less thing to be responsible for or have to clean up.
Tomorrow a couple hundred converted busses will be pulling in and parking right behind me...I will get a lot of pics...and send them to Rudy...poor Rudy gets all the pictures in here.
Wherever I am...I am home.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Did anyone notice what it says on theback bumper of the truck?

<---Nice Side Naughty Side--->
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Good eye Sharkey, I didn't see it until you pointed it out.
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

Yeah! I like that. Another good one is:

<---Grateful Dead--->
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I did notice that on the bumper. It reminds me of one I saw once.
----El Paso El Cruncho----
HOGCAT

Post by HOGCAT »

sorry Rudy for pics too big. :?
Last edited by HOGCAT on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

LOL at the stuck schoolie .

Young fellas at the school of hard knocks :D good on them for giving it a 'go'.
dburt

Post by dburt »

I really like "Ned the Napper" on his Harley! Only a younger die-hard biker could take such an uncomfortable nap on his bike! I just hope his kickstand is on something hard and not on soft sand, or he will get a rude awakening! ("How did you get all those rash marks on your bike Ned"? "#!#%&?@ Harley fell over while I was sleeping!")
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Here is a cool rig that Bob sent pictures of. Here's what he had to say.

Hey Rudy Toody!
I have a few pics to send you and the files should be much smaller..let me know. I just moved the rv...we were in a flood because the levy broke..thats a new one for me. I have a couple pictures of that too.
The bus looking rig is actually a housetruck, its a diesel truck and a ship-builder constructed the house add-on. I heard that 12 of these were built and I am not sure about the rest of them...but I will find out. I took pics of the inside too...one of the nicest and most efficently constructed rigs that I have even been in. The camera ran out of batteries but I will get more pictures and information in the next two days. I do know that this rig was used as a tour bus for Aerosmith but has since been redone into a full time home.
I will do an "interveiw" with the owners...you can always cut and paste all the typing so that you dont have to fool with it.
I put some new pics and storys in myspace that might intersest you if you like. We are here for a short while longer..then west and north is the plan.
Talk to ya later on ~ Banjo Bob

This next picture is of the inside.