Looks like another Flxible

Discussions about all things to do with buses, trucks, and the homes made within them.

Moderator: TMAX

Mark B

Looks like another Flxible

Post by Mark B »

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/1596987857.html

This one is closer. I may see if I can sneak over for some better pictures this weekend.

Mark
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Just called on it. See Chuck? I'm learnin'!

It's not in Chino. The owner lives in Chino, the bus is north of Edwards AFB in the high desert. Probably 100 miles from here.

The owner knows nothing about it. It was left on some property they bought, along with the other vehicles pictured. One is an old Buick Electra Limited which leaves me guessing the 455 from it was once intended, or quite possibly already installed in the old Flxible.

Not known if it runs, or has been converted. I was just told it was full of junk and that "kids had been in it". Not sure if I will trek up there to see it, or not. The owner said she has received a couple e-mail queries about it.

Mark
dburt

Post by dburt »

Man, I hate it when the seller can't take a decent picture of something!
They don't seem to understand that the potential buyer does not want to see all the surounding scenery, or a tiny little picture of the item for sale. And you can post 4 pictures on Craig's List, so why not take good close-ups and put as many pictures as allowed. Then they want top dollar, and know nothing about what they are selling, they won't clean it up and make it more saleable.

There, I have had my rant for the day! :x
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

dburt wrote:Man, I hate it when the seller can't take a decent picture of something!
They don't seem to understand that the potential buyer does not want to see all the surounding scenery, or a tiny little picture of the item for sale. And you can post 4 pictures on Craig's List, so why not take good close-ups and put as many pictures as allowed. Then they want top dollar, and know nothing about what they are selling, they won't clean it up and make it more saleable.

Actually, they had no idea what they had. I have no clue how they came up with the $2500 price. I was told they were just trying to recoup the cost of cleaning up the property. They had squatters living in total filth. They have carted 30 some truck and trailer loads of gargbage to the dump, including one full load of dog $hit that was inside the house and all over the property. They are guessing another 20 loads of garbage to be hauled, at least. :shock: :shock:

Mark
dburt

Post by dburt »

Maby by the time they got around to taking pictures of the bus, they were plumb tuckered out from all the work of clean-up, and they only managed to barely crawl toward the bus and only had the energy to take one small picture.:roll:

I feel sorry for them- nothing worse then destructive renters or worse yet, squatters who trash a place. It would almost be easier to burn the place to the bare ground then to haul the dog crap out! But I suppose the neighbors might complain of the smell of burning mountains of dog crap if they did! :wink:
tamangel
Roving Reporter

Post by tamangel »

and another, 1954 Flxible Bus visicoach - $2500 (Chino Valley AZ )

http://prescott.craigslist.org/rvs/1597067748.html

Mike

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Mark and Mike, Thanks for posting pictures. I have done a lot of that from Craigslist ads. Thanks for sharing the load. Rudy
Got love? Give love.
tamangel
Roving Reporter

Post by tamangel »

I just found out how to do it.. Still a tough time doing ebay pic's as I search the whole source page for some key phase and copy the URL there. Not always successful in the correct size, however.. Whats the trick?

Mike
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

tamangel wrote:I just found out how to do it.. Still a tough time doing ebay pic's as I search the whole source page for some key phase and copy the URL there. Not always successful in the correct size, however.. Whats the trick?

Mike
right click on the picture, copy the url, then go to your post on this forum, click on the Img button and paste your uRL after the tag. Then, click on the Img button again and your picture will be posted.

If you host pictures off site, it works just the same.

Mark
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

tamangel wrote:and another, 1954 Flxible Bus visicoach - $2500 (Chino Valley AZ )
That looks like a lot better start for $2500 than the local one.

Mark
tamangel
Roving Reporter

Post by tamangel »

Mark, right clicking on an ebay picture thats at the top, gives me the following:

"copy link" I click on that and put it in the address bar and no URL shows, just the following: javascript:;

if I go to the pic's down below, I get several option lines:

Back (goes to previous page)
Reload Page (reloads whole page)
Open in Dashboad (not transferable that I can see)
view source (give's me 32 pages of programing language)
save page as (saves only as web archive)
print page (prints whole ebay page)

I'm running a MAC ..maybe thats the prob..

Mike
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

tamangel wrote:I'm running a MAC ..maybe thats the prob..

Mike
Ahhh.... Yer one of those guys....

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding!

Mark
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

dburt wrote:Man, I hate it when the seller can't take a decent picture of something!

I like those ads the best. Those are the ones that everyone else ignores, by the time someone go's to look at it the seller is offering $100,00 just to drag if off.
dburt

Post by dburt »

That's because I got there first and softened 'em up so you can buy it right! :lol:

Usually I am the first to go look at something like that, but for whatever reason I can't strike a deal, so I leave. Then a friend of mine goes, and the seller gives it to him, and they will even give him gas money to haul it off. Then he wonders why I could not strike a deal. Well- it's because I had to soften them up so they were willing to deal when he showed up! :P
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Mark B,

Did you go look at the bus at Edwards AFB?

Chuck